News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle- Membership has its privilege

Started by MightyGiants, August 15, 2013, 10:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Not often something free, like membership here at BBH can bring so much good.   Here are some of the things BBH membership brings:

Access to football savvy Giants fans on the internet.  Got a question about a player, coach, scheme or play this is the place to ask.

Friendships!  BBH, if you want, goes beyond the internet.  Make new friends with big time Giants fans.   So many good friendships have came from being a member of BBH.   BBH has a diverse group of members through the country and world.   

Participate in the most interesting and lively discussions about Giants football and football in general.

Access to game day (and draft day) live chat room.  Talk with fellow fans about the game in real time.

All features are smart phone and tablet friendly (the forum does require the purchase of Tapatalk for a minor cost)

Private Message feature:  Members can send private messages to fellow members

Have your voice heard:   BBH is always growing it's social media presence.   We have nearly 2900 Twitter followers and 400+ likes of our Facebook page.   All new topics are sent out to that growing group of followers.  We have players and Giants media people among our followers.   So comments here at BBH has an impact beyond our web pages.

A chance to post on a very friendly website, where insults and verbal abuse are not what you will dealing with.  It's all about Giants talk in a smart and friendly environment. 

Registration does require approval but that's just an extra security measure to keep out spammers, all Giants fans are welcome!

Join Today!  It's Free!

Also be sure to check out the new and improve Giantsfans.net front page
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

COACHJIM

This is a great board and I agree with everything you said ,I love it because of the members whom are the smartest football fans you will ever meet. the board allows no cussing or inappropriate  language and that is what I feel  makes this such a great board also. I have made some very good friends on here and I have even gotten free Pre season game tickets on here and that will always mean a lot to me and my family after what has been a very tough year and a half for us and we will always owe that person a debt of gratitude . Go Giants  Jim Eccles  AKA Coach Jim   :greetings:
I am a Father of 4 and I have 5 Grandchildren been married for 22 years to the most amazing woman in the world and I am trying to kick my Cancers Ass.Long time Giants fan and 27 year sports official

Philosophers

The civility on this board compared to others is downright amazing.  Sometimes these posts sound more like two friends who live down the street from each other having a conversation about their beloved Giants.  Living so far from NJ, it's nice to connect with Giants fans and discuss all things relevant to the team.  I don't miss the pre-BBH days of "you suck" or "you're an idiot."

EDjohnst1981

I echo the above sentiments. I think this board is fantastic and check it daily.

It's friendly, welcoming and most importantly knowledgable. For a fan on the other side of the pond, it's fantastic.

I must admit some envy at the  tailgating, beery meet-up posts mind you!

Ed

nosebleed_section

Yep - even the trolls are polite (GBfan)

AZGiantFan

Here is an example if just how great this board is.  Look at this request for information and the response.  And more importantly look at the time lag between the question and the answer:

QuoteQuote from: MightyGiants on Today at 03:24:40 PM
QuoteQuote from: CAGiantFan on Today at 03:23:39 PM
Wow, I am way behind the curve on this.  What was his injury?
He has been out for a little over a week with a hamstring injury.

That was one second over MightyGiants usual response time.  LOL
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

scottishgiant

Only been a member a week. Enjoying it so far.

I haven't contributed much so far.

Mainly because I'll come across as a dumb Brit ;)

Seriously though I think I have a good understanding of the rules etc but having never played football as a child I miss out on some of the finer details of HOW football's played.

Earlier this year (during the playoffs) NFLUK put on a few road shows with the presenter of the NFL over here, Mark Brunell and Jeff Reinebold, where they did a QA session and walked through how blocking works and how the read option is played out.  I thought that was perfect for me and my friends as we'd never been shown that sort of thing before.

Anyway, I hope to contribute when I feel I can!
Supporting Big Blue from Edinburgh

Just_jimmy

Quote from: scottishgiant on August 16, 2013, 01:36:05 AM

Seriously though I think I have a good understanding of the rules etc but having never played football as a child I miss out on some of the finer details of HOW football's played.

Earlier this year (during the playoffs) NFLUK put on a few road shows with the presenter of the NFL over here, Mark Brunell and Jeff Reinebold, where they did a QA session and walked through how blocking works and how the read option is played out.  I thought that was perfect for me and my friends as we'd never been shown that sort of thing before.

Hey!  Where in Scotland are you? I'm in Fife.

scottishgiant

Quote from: Just_jimmy on August 16, 2013, 04:03:40 AM
Quote from: scottishgiant on August 16, 2013, 01:36:05 AM

Hey!  Where in Scotland are you? I'm in Fife.

Live in Edinburgh
Supporting Big Blue from Edinburgh

jimv

GREAT to have you Brits here!!!  Anytime you have a questions about the game or rules, just make up a new thread with the question.  You'll get the correct answer here.

LennG

Welcome guys and don't worry about not contributing right away. As you can see, this is a great site compared to several other sites about the Giants. We are polite, we are friendly and most of all, we are knowledgeable. We simply do not accept all the bull that comes with other sites of this nature.

As for understanding the game, it does take a while to really get into the intricacies of the game, but just for being a fan of the Giants, we welcome you with open arms.

As my friend Jim said, have any problems with anything, just ask away, nothing is silly and we have a wealth of knowledge just looking to share it with fellow Giants fans. And, if you look around, we are more than just a message board, we are family here. As you come on each and every day, you will get to know a lot of us. We share more than just football, we share our lives also, from the good to the bad. We are here to support anyone who needs it and to laugh at those that tell us good news.  We are all Giants fans, but we are more than that.

Welcome to our corner of the internet.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss