News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

The Rivalry That Changed Professional Football

Started by MightyGiants, January 20, 2014, 10:11:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

really interesting piece.  obviously all this preceded the famous 1958 OT colts-Giants game.  And, wow, was paul Brown a genius or what.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

jimv

Brings back GREAT memories. :ok: =D>  I remember, as if it were yesterday, sitting at my radio listening to that 6-0 game.  I was enthralled!  That WAS a terrific rivalry.  I was completely upset when the Browns (and Steelers too) went into the AFC in 1970. ~X( ~X(

Webster29

Hope Rich doesn't mind but for those interested here is part II.

Also my compliments to BBH for their great Giant pic's from the 50's and 60's.    I really enjoy them.

http://www.bigblueinteractive.com/2014/01/22/rivalry-changed-professional-football-new-york-giants-cleveland-browns-1950-1959-part-ii/

The12th man

I disagree...what changed pro football to what became the NFL was when the Giants starting free agent signing of Pete Gogolak away from the AFL Buffalo Bills which started a bidding war which eventually led to the merger.