News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

CBS Sports intro and outro from the Giants-Jets game from 1988

Started by MightyGiants, January 02, 2008, 03:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

This the CBS Sports intro and outro from The Giants-Jets game from December 18, 1988. In a game won by the Jets 27-21 costing the Giants the NFC East Division title and a playoff spot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dvqe9F4q8o
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

kartanoman

I recently converted this entire game to DVD and included Bill Mazer's "Sports Extra" where a pi$$ed of Phil Simms could not stop ranting about how the Giants screwed the pooch big time by letting this game slip from their hands. He claimed the Giants weren't flat, and the Jets weren't anything special ... only they weren't making plays when they needed to which ultimately did them in.

This one is one of the most frustrating games I've ever watched and is exceeded only by the 49ers loss in week #2 of that season.

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

NYSPORTS

Wish one of the Networks would play the pre/post game from some of the Giants better moments.  How about a Jets heartbreaker; it shouldn't be to difficult to find one of those.

kartanoman

NYSports98 - the NFL Network will be replaying all the original Super Bowl telecasts in the upcoming month so that, at the very least, is a start.

Given that the NFL finally released the 1985 Bears game tapes on DVD, I think that may set a precedence where Giants fans will get to purchase complete (or near-complete anyway) sets of the '86 and '90 seasons which would be a huge step forward in my opinion.

For all the other games, such as the '88 Giants-Jets, you can be like me and collect them through the sports game trading hobby or hunt down the Giant fanatic that recorded all the games back in the 80s and now has closets full of old tapes!

Peace!

"Dave Jennings was one of the all-time great Giants. He was a valued member of the Giants family for more than 30 years as a player and a broadcaster, and we were thrilled to include him in our Ring of Honor. We will miss him dearly." (John Mara)

NYSPORTS

Quote from: kartanoman on January 04, 2008, 02:54:44 PM
NYSports98 - the NFL Network will be replaying all the original Super Bowl telecasts in the upcoming month so that, at the very least, is a start.

Given that the NFL finally released the 1985 Bears game tapes on DVD, I think that may set a precedence where Giants fans will get to purchase complete (or near-complete anyway) sets of the '86 and '90 seasons which would be a huge step forward in my opinion.

Peace!

Thanks for the heads up.  That's great news.  The NFL puts these great games/memories in a vault.  It's about time that vault is opened for all of us to enjoy.