News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2014- Offense (COMBINED)

Started by UKGiantsFan, March 30, 2014, 07:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 04, 2014, 07:33:05 AM
Ceri,

Did you hear TC's comment about the size of the guards the Giants signed and going back to playing Giants football?  Seems like with the departure of Gilbride nimble and athletic may not be in the Giants guard's job description.   I think what that will translate into is better short yardage and red zone production.

I would certainly hope that is the case Rich. It's sad watching a team with our history unable to consistently convert on short yardage. Smash-mouth football is likely to be back and I couldn't be happier that it is!

nb587

Agree with the smash mouth comment. I think the Giants want at least one guard who can do what Snee used to do in short yardage.  They have been weak in short yardage for 2 years now and terrible at all run aspects last year. By teh way, I think this coming year would be Moseley's 3rd year.  He was injured as a rookie and played some last year.  That said, I think he still is part of the plan. Not sure about Brewer. I don't think he's as bad as you do but if he doesn't show more in training camp, he's gone.  The Giants have been patient with young linemen. They had Koets on the roster for a few years before he got his chance and he looked good until he got hurt.  Brewer has had more chances and the need was greater and he did not fall on his face but did not impress. 

bamagiantfan

I would be very pleased with Dozier. I think he is exactly the kind of player the Giants would like to see replace Snee/Brewer in 2015.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

dasher

Although not on Ceri's list, I still want the Penn State brainiac on day three. Someone will be very happy with him. Especially if he is also a swing center per Greg Gabriel's scouting report.
John Urschel

Painter

Excellent analysis as always, Ceri. Even with the increasing role and emphasis given to Tight End, there have only been 3 TEs taken in Round 1 in the past five years as compared to 18 OTs, 18 WRs, and 16 DTs. I guess that suggests something about how high Ebron is being rated when considered value at 12.

And while I don't disgree with your assessments of A S-J, Niklas, Amaro, Fiedorowicz et al as later picks, it does makes one wonder whether there were similar reservations and/or doubts responsible for guys like Witten (69) and Findley (91) and Graham (95) lasting until Round 3?

In 2010, Gronkowski went at 43 which coincidently is where Our Heroes are scheduled to pick in Round 2, this year. His durability (back problem) was  big question mark, that I know. I also know that the TE he most often was compared to at the time was Kevin Boss.  <:-P

Cheers!

UKGiantsFan

TACKLES

The talent available
It

MightyGiants

I would pass on Richardson.   Microfracture surgery that young does not bode well for a long career.  MF surgery can create a substitute for cartilage but it's not as strong or durable as the real thing.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

JoeP

The Giants seldom move up or down.

If one of the top three OTs lasts until number 12, I will be shocked and horrified if the Giants don't draft him.

JoeP

I simply don't think ANY TE is EVER worth a #12 pick. And we already have the JPP of TEs on the roster.

Jaime

Jints traded up for Shockey.
I don't believe Beatty can return to 100%, in addition to returning to 2011 form.
relying on him for 16 games and hopefully playoffs is a risk that's not wise to take. James, Jerry & whomever else currently on the Roster aren't solid OLT. Land an elite OT & let the Rook & Beatty slug it out for LOT, loser plays ROT. & yes Beatty can play RT. contract can't dictate whom plays where, level of play does. Unless Beatty is a slam dunk ( how could he be ?) we got to do what we need to to grab one of these elite tackles Now being as close as we'll be for a long time (hopefully?).

HeavyweightChamp49

Interesting that Zach Martin doesn't even make this list.

Do you project him as a pure Guard, UK?

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: HeavyweightChamp49 on April 07, 2014, 09:51:20 AM

No, but I covered him in the Guard preview so wasn't going to put him in twice!

HeavyweightChamp49

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 07, 2014, 09:54:26 AM
Quote from: HeavyweightChamp49 on April 07, 2014, 09:51:20 AM

No, but I covered him in the Guard preview so wasn't going to put him in twice!

Thank you. I'll read that now.

Philosophers

You've got to think Zack Martin will get a hard look by the Giants.  Just like Pugh, he is versatile.

UKGiantsFan

Quick update - it appears that having missed out on Washington's Pro Day through injury that Austin Sefarian-Jenkins may not get another opportunity to work out pre-draft. Personally, as long as the Doctors say the stress fracture in his foot has healed I'd still have no problem were the Giants to select him in the 2nd round. If he lasts longer than that and we get him I'll be proclaiming it to be a 'steal'!