News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2014- Offense (COMBINED)

Started by UKGiantsFan, March 30, 2014, 07:28:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Quick update - Unfortunately it has been reported today that one of the guys I had a liking for, Clemson T/G Brandon Thomas, tore an ACL in training last week. No doubt this effects his draft standing as he's going to have a red-shirt rookie season and will now be drafted very late on rather than the 2nd round. That's a real shame for the young man. I hope he has insurance as even if he returns to full health and performs well in the NFL this will cost him a large amount of money over the next four years before his contract expires.

MP21WAYS2PAY

Morgan Moses is interesting, and looks to be quietly rising up the boards.  Every year there are Tackles that go higher than expected, last year around this time Fluker was expected to go in the 20s and he went at 12.  Could the Giants surprise, bypass Lewan and take Moses at 12?

"When asked which draft prospect has elevated their stock that he might have missed the first time around, NFL Network analyst Mike Mayock mentioned Virginia T Morgan Moses.
Moses didn't test well at the combine, and he doesn't have a great body, but Mayock loves his game tape, a sentiment echoed by Houston SportsTalk 790 hosts Adam Clanton and Lance Zierlein. It's not hard to see why the footage swayed them: Moses succeeded against top-notch rushers such as Vic Beasley, Jeremiah Attaochu and Kyle Van Noy"

Suburbanites II

Any thoughts on  Laurent Duvernay-Tardif? He seems to be getting a lot of attention, he's out of McGill which is Canada's Harvard or Englands Cambridge, not much competition but very bright, a medical student with apparantly good skills. I've seen him as high as a 3rd rounder in some mocks. I heard someone on the NFL network say that he's the biggest sleeper in the draft and that he'd be an excellent OLT for years in the NFL.

king of the bronx

Quote from: DesG89 on March 30, 2014, 01:45:46 PM
Ahh the signs that spring has finally come. Warmth, blossoming trees an flowers and of course Ceri's positional previews to wet our appetites for the draft. Good read as always. Looking forward to future reviews.

I'm obviously in the minority but I'm hoping Ebron is not our 1st rounder. I've never thought much of these new breed TEs that are basically blown up WRs that can't block. If he is the pick of course I'll cheer for him to succeed but personally I'd go in another direction at 12
TOTALLY AGREE, EBRON = A BIG WIDE RECEIVER.   :suspious: :suspious: :suspious:
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

king of the bronx

What do you think of guys like, Brandon Linder, and Andrew Norwell in the late rounds? :-?? :-?? :-??
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

jerseyguy

I know that TEs need to be able to block but could it be that other teams are not so demanding of their TEs in blocking. Every season we see TEs have excellent games against us catching the ball with short to mid range passes and we seem to sit with no production from our TE because we aski him to be a blocking lineman first and a receiver last, I think its time we just grab a good receiving TE and teach him to block, thats what we did with Shockey...

todge

Quote from: jerseyguy on April 14, 2014, 10:29:32 AM
I know that TEs need to be able to block but could it be that other teams are not so demanding of their TEs in blocking. Every season we see TEs have excellent games against us catching the ball with short to mid range passes and we seem to sit with no production from our TE because we aski him to be a blocking lineman first and a receiver last, I think its time we just grab a good receiving TE and teach him to block, thats what we did with Shockey...

You can "teach" someone the fundamentals of blocking.  But you cannot expect a TE with a tall, sinewy build to be a good blocker at the NFL level.  Most of them don't have the natural strength and strong lower body to hold the point against much larger defensive linemen.   With someone like Ebron, he has the size and hopefully the desire to be a decent blocker.  But he will certainly come off the field on obvious running downs as do guys like Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski.

Bob In PA

Ceri: You are the first person here or in the general news media to rank the top 3 correctly, in my opinion.  Nice job.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

gregf

UK, what do you think of the Giants picking up one of the next tier tackle prospects in the second round to compete for the RG spot? This way they will have a plan B tackle in place if Beatty falters.Or do we draft a guard and use Charly Brown as plan B if Beatty regresses.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: dasher on April 06, 2014, 10:45:43 AM
Although not on Ceri's list, I still want the Penn State brainiac on day three. Someone will be very happy with him. Especially if he is also a swing center per Greg Gabriel's scouting report.
John Urschel

UKGiantsFan

CENTERS

The talent available
As usual there isn

Philosophers

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Philosophers on April 17, 2014, 06:30:31 AM
What about Bryan Stork?

Can't move anyone, stiff going laterally, slow to the second level and benefitted from the style of offense.  Other than that he's perfect ;)

Seriously though, I could have added any of Stork, Larsen & Bodine to the preview but I don't see any of them as good prospects 

MightyGiants

John Urschel please.  That's the kind of guy I think would be perfect for the Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

londonblue

Ceri, if the Giants feel like you do I'm struggling to see that the risk/reward is balanced with Walton. The downside risk with him is only mitigated if we either have or can draft someone we see as having the talent to develop into a starter and who could, if emergency struck, step in and at least not be abysmal. The idea that if Walton busts we are in the safe hands of Dallas Reynolds is somehow not making me feel all warm and fuzzy! How do you read the situation?
If you live your life as a pessimist you never really live your life at all.