News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Big Blue Huddle Historian

Started by Webster29, July 22, 2014, 09:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webster29

On behalf of the Mods it is my great pleasure and honor to announce that we have created a new position of Big Blue Huddle Historian and that Giant Obsession--Mike has accepted this position.

Many of you are well aware of Mike's passion and love for not just Giants history but pro football history in general.

Please join me in welcoming him to this new position and wish him well.   I am sure he would appreciate any suggestions and help any of you guys could give him.

Congrats Mike.   You deserve it.

vette5573

Thanks for stepping up, Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Webster29 on July 22, 2014, 09:38:38 PM
On behalf of the Mods it is my great pleasure and honor to announce that we have created a new position of Big Blue Huddle Historian and that Giant Obsession--Mike has accepted this position.

Many of you are well aware of Mike's passion and love for not just Giants history but pro football history in general.

Please join me in welcoming him to this new position and wish him well.   I am sure he would appreciate any suggestions and help any of you guys could give him.

Congrats Mike.   You deserve it.

Bill, Rich, and All the Moderators

Thank you for bestowing this honor upon me.  Be assured I will do my best to help facilitate and enrich any and everyones knowledge of my Beloved BLUE.

As I have stated to a few on here, when I first came upon BBWC back in 1998, i fancied myself extremely knowledgeable about our history.   Then I "met" Christopher Allen and quickly realized that my storehouse of knowledge/memories was very small indeed when compared to Christopher.  He was a marvel, a veritable encyclopedia, and i am still in awe and miss him a great deal.

In no way do i rival Chris or a couple of others that I have read religiously, and I never will.  I do have memories, books, resources from which to draw on.  BUT the most important resource will be the members of BBH.  I collect much information from all of you with your recollections and postings, and will always continue to do so.

I view this position more of being a facilitator and instigator to crack open for review and discussion and "trips down memory lane" for everyone who wants to recall or to learn about our very RICH history.

I have not formulated a total plan yet, but be assured my goal is to make a "click" on the "Giants History" section something all will enjoy and hopefully some of our newer and younger members will find engaging and want to embrace.

I have always believed you can not be totally vested in your "family" without being cognizant of your "family tree".

To everyone, on my profile is listed my personal email, please feel free to use it.  Or PM me anytime with any thoughts, questions, or even challenges.

I am not the be all nor end all of Giants History, but I will do my best to give my best.

Again, THANK YOU to everyone involved.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

weeze

conratulations! hey maybe we could get a online foto album going. Now I admit to being selfish and having a personal interest in seeing these pictures but we could start with all the pic nics and the fall get togethers that were held.
somewhere somebody has the foto of the first bar b q , we were BBWC then, I sent a copy of the group foto to everyone that attended.
then we could have the vette's group fotos taken over the years from the game get togethers at giants stadium. then get the parking lot fotos of folks that have met up at away games.
just a thought. some of these fotos would have folks that have passed on since they were taken and would be great to remember when and pay some small homage to the departed. I know Id like to see it.
over and out
weeze

PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

vette5573

I like that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

President Rick

great ideas, weeze.  a lot of people took a lot of photos at those bbq's.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Sem

I bet Christopher Allen is looking down with pride, smiling at this.  Congratulations Mike, BBH Historian.   :ok:

drakew

When they took my picture, the camera broke, and it has been out-of-focus forever since..... :surprise:
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

weeze

no problem ther DRAKE, we can just get one of the fotos of you off the wall at the post office!
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!