News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Predict the season

Started by vette5573, August 19, 2014, 04:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vette5573

Lions- 20       Giants- 13
Giants- 17      Cards- 9
Giants- 24      Texans- 17
Giants- 30      Skins- 20
Giants- 19      Falcons- 12
Eagles- 20      Giants- 17
CBoys- 33       Giants- 27
Colts- 27         Giants- 23
SHawks- 35     Giants- 17
Giants- 17       Niner's- 16
Giants- 27       Cowboys- 24
Giants- 24       Jags- 10
Giants- 21       Titans- 17
Giants- 14       Skins- 13
Giants- 27       Rams- 21
Eagles- 24       Giants- 13

10 wins  6 losses
The Giants are 4-5 in early November.   

bigjeep

Lions- 20       Giants- 13
Giants- 17      Cards- 9
Giants- 24      Texans- 17
Giants- 30      Skins- 20
Giants- 19      Falcons- 12
Eagles- 20      Giants- 17
CBoys- 33       Giants- 27
Giants- 27        Colts- 23
SHawks- 14     Giants- 10
Giants- 17       Niner's- 16
Giants- 27       Cowboys- 24
Giants- 24       Jags- 10
Giants- 21       Titans- 17
Giants- 14       Skins- 13
Giants- 27       Rams- 21
Giants- 24       Eagles- 13

12 wins  4 losses
Still angry we lost "The Greatest Game Ever Played" in sudden death 1958

President Rick

Vette:  if we were to lose 4 in a row, then play the niners and cows, we'd lose 6.  Thus, beating the cows and eagles in the first matchups becomes crucial.  BTW, I see us beating the lions.  So, we should win vs lions skins x2, cows x2, eagles once, rams, cards, texans and falcons.  I could see losses just to the seahags, niners, colts, once to the eagles, and one more for 11-5.  BUT if they play like the ones did vs colts, it's an 8-8 year at best.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

dasher

I see 23 new roster faces, an inept offensive line, a new system for a QB in decline and overall questionable running back speed especially with the loss of Wilson.
Anywhere between 6-10 and 8-8 is my thinking unless the defense is absolutely lights out.
Then 9-7 is my best guess.
Unfortunately my glass is not full nor do I look through rose colored ones.

todge

Quote from: dasher on August 19, 2014, 04:55:45 PM
I see 23 new roster faces, an inept offensive line, a new system for a QB in decline and overall questionable running back speed especially with the loss of Wilson.
Anywhere between 6-10 and 8-8 is my thinking unless the defense is absolutely lights out.

Plus 1

Thank God the schedule is weak.

bigjeep

Quote from: dasher on August 19, 2014, 04:55:45 PM

I have triple lenses!     :doh:
Still angry we lost "The Greatest Game Ever Played" in sudden death 1958

MP21WAYS2PAY

4-12, with wins against Wash, Hou, Ten, and a final win against a resting Eagles team in week 17.

Bob In PA

MP: Looks like your glass is 3/4 empty.  Hope you're wrong.  Those results would put the Giants in the garbage category usually reserved for perpetual losers like the Jags, Bucs, Browns, etc.
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

spiderblue43

That Eli will get clobbered, the defense will crumble in his wake and we'll be talking about drafting a new qb with a freefall. Sorry. They can't score enuff and will go back to the giveaways at some point. Hope I am terribly mistaken. 5-11. Ouch.

The Chief

6-10, based on the lack of a cohesive OLine, poor starting QB play and near lack of a running game.

jimv

So far, it looks like the pessimists lead the optimists 7 - 2.  Sorry for the labels, Rich.  But, there you have it.

vette5573

Look at the competition in the schedule and when the games are being played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill Brown

5 OL starters who have never played together,  new OC with a new system and a DL that I do not believe can get to the QB.  5 - 11.  I will go to my room and cry now. :( :( :(

Bill
""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

dasher

So far, it looks like the pessimists lead the optimists 7 - 2.  Sorry for the labels, Rich.  But, there you have it.

HeavyweightChamp49

19-0

Brandon Mosely will be named team MVP

Eli will have a 72% completion percentage and rush for 4 TD's with his new found mobility.

Rashad Jennings and Peyton Hillis will each rush for 1000 yards and Hillis will finish with 45 receptions, 5 for TD's

Williams will be the short yardage back and score 8 TD's

J.D. Walton will be the NFL's Comeback Player of the Year

Richburg will be the Giants Rookie of the Year

Kellen Davis will emerge as the Giants TE and finish with 52 catches for 453 yards and 5 TD's

Corey Washington will catch the game winning TD in the Superbowl......in the 2nd Quarter as the Giants will proceed to blow out the Ravens 42-10

Prince Amukamura will lead the league in interceptions will 9

JPP will lead the league in sacks with 19 and be named Defensive Player of the Year, DaMonsta will finish with 14.5

Eli will finish the season with 4800 yards 30 TD's and 15 ints...capped off with a 24-30 329 yard 4 TD performance in the Superbowl for his 3rd SB MVP...LOCKING him into the HOF.

Tommy Coughlin will shed tears of joy as he accepts his Coach of the Year Award and in a SHOCKING development announces that he is retiring from the field but not the club...he will in fact move up to VP of Football Operations and as part of his ascension introduces his successor as HC.........Chris Snee.

What a YEAR for the NY FOOTBALL GIANTS!!  =D> =D>