News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

HISTORY -- NYG vs. Philadelphia Eagles -- Part THREE

Started by Giant Obsession, October 09, 2014, 10:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

2004 -- The Tom Coughlin era is ushered in and the highs and lows versus the Eagles have still continued.  TC is 9 - 13 against Philly, including 0 - 2 in the playoffs.  The Giants are 2 - 0 in OT games against Philly in the Coughlin era.  In their last 12 meetings the Giants are only 3 - 9.

2006 -- The 0 - 1 Giants strode into "the Linc" looking for the first win of the season and found themselves down 24 - 7 at the start of the 4th quarter.  But thanks to Eli Manning's hot hand (31-43 for 371 yards and 3 TD) and a key Brian Westbrook fumble they were able to forge a tie at the end of regulation on Jay Feely's 35 yard FG with 7 seconds left.
In OT, the Giants eschewed the run after entering Eagle territory and ended the game on a 31 yard pass from Eli to Plaxico Burress.
Both Amani Toomer and Burress had over 100 yards receiving and the Giants unveiled rookie Brandon Jacobs who had several key runs late in the game.  the game also provided a glimpse into the resiliency of Manning, who was sacked 8 times that day.

2006 Playoff -- Sneaking in with an 8 - 8 record, the Giants journeyed to Philadelphia for a first round game against the Eagles.  Overcoming a 20-10 deficit in the 4th quarter, the Giants tied it up on Plaxico Burress' 2 TD catch with just over 5 minutes remaining.  The Eagles promptly took over and drove into FG range using the remainder of the time and David Akers nailed a 38 yard FG as time expired.

2010 -- With a win all but assuring them of a seat in the playoffs, this battle of 9-4 teams played out like 2 separate games.  With Eli throwing 4 TD passes the Gmen had a commanding 31 - 10 lead with under 8 minutes left at the Meadowlands.  In the next 6 minutes Michael Vick threw for 2 TD's and ran for 1 to tie the game.  The Giants final drive proved futile and Matt Dodge lined up to punt with 14 seconds left.  No further words are necessary, the video is below.........
Miracle In The Meadowlands III - Eagles vs. Giants 2010

2012 -- Another gut wrenching loss occurred in Week 4 at the Linc.  In a tight defensive battle the Giants grabbed the lead at 17 - 16 for the first time midway in the 4th quarter on a short Manning to Bear Pascoe TD pass.  The Eagles then launched a time consuming drive that resulted in Alex Henery's 4th FG of the game and a 19 - 17 Eagle lead with just 105 seconds left.
Deftly, Manning moved the Giants into FG range at the Eagle 27 with less than 45 seconds left.  At that point Manning elected for a home run pass to Ramses Barden who was flagged for offensive interference.  With 14 seconds left and the clock running Lawrence Tynes FG attempt from 54 yards was wide left as a light rain fell.  But Andy Reid, the Eagles head coach, had called a time out just before the ball was snapped to holder Steve Weatherford.  The Giants lined up again for the game winner and Tynes kick was headed perfectly between the uprights.....but fell a yard short.

Again, this was another season the Giants would miss the playoffs by 1 win.  The win put the Eagles record at 3 - 1.  They would win only 1 more game that season and Andy Reid would be relieved of his head coaching position.

Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

murderhill

No way you are going to get me to watch that video.  You remind me to remind myself.....Hate the act, not the person.    Nnoooaaaaarrrrgggghhhh.  I hate that little twerp and his act.

vette5573

Bump. The first two segments can be found on the history board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T200

:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Giant Obsession

I don't mind losing the game, even veing embarrassed...it just one game with 10 left.  BUT losing Cruz, the offense and WR in particular are going to be severly limited.  Odell is going to have a longer learning curve i fear because there is NO ONE on our roster who can draw a double team.

In fact, save the potential od OBJ this is the worst group of wide receivers we have had in my life.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon