News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Cross Posted from BBI- Anybody else here remember the 62 Championship Game

Started by MightyGiants, January 14, 2008, 09:19:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

Anybody else here remember the 62 Championship Game
VA Jints : 9:13 am
against the Packers. I do and if my memory serves me correctly, in those days they alternated locations and it was the Giants turn to be home.

In 1961, we were beaten badly by Green Bay and we all thought it was because of the cold weather. And we thought the 1962 game would be different because in New York, the weather wouldn't be so bad.

But it was very cold and windy that day in Yankee Stadium and we lost 16-7 (?).

They didn't televise home games in those days so we had to go to my uncle's home who was able to turn his antenna around so we could watch the game.

I was 15 and heart broken. But that was the last time we faced the Packers in the Playoffs.

It is supposed to be cold this weekend in Green Bay. My wife is from that area and we travel there often to see her family. And when it is cold there, it is cold.

Hope we don't see another Ice Bowl.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=267858
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Grizz299

In one of those games Kyle Rote dropped an opening and easy TD pass.

I thought at the time that if he holds on to the ball........everything might have been different.    I had the exact thoughts the other way when Rice dropped an all alone TD pass against us.    We went on to creme the 49'er's that day and no one, even as rabid as fan as the Grizz, could possibly believe that we were that much better than that great great 49'er team.    And just as I think the botched early and easy TD made the difference that day , it served to confirm my feeling decades earlier about the Rote non catch. 

I also loved Grier and Mo and I remember being amazed at the way Fuzzy Thurston and Kramer abused them in that series.   And little Jimmy Ringo , absence a nose guard, was perfect for getting to and neutralizing our MLB - who, by the way,  was named Huff.   Sam Huff as I recall.