News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Tom Coughlin -- A Football Life

Started by Giant Obsession, January 13, 2015, 09:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

Never doubt who we have leading us into 2015.  The coaching leadership we have is without compare.  Time does not pass this man by, it just intensifies the already concrete resolve to winning. 

Whatever problems the New York Giants may have.....our Head Coach is not it.

Don't know how long this link will be active, but enjoy it while you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKtpJW82qb8
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

MightyGiants

Coughlin will most likely never be the greatest coach in terms of wins and losses or championships.  In my heart though, he will always be my greatest coach because he combines great coaching with great character.   Truly a man that is a credit to his profession and one that makes the world a better place (with his charity work and helping young men better themselves) by being here. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Shoelessjoe

I read somewhere that coming home from the Rams game coach had OBJ sit next to him on the flight and they discussed the antics that happened in the game.  Best thing that OBJ could do.

nosebleed_section

We will miss him and Eli when they are retired

President Rick

but I'll bet the Giants do not simply kick Tom and Eli to the side of the road as the broncos [I mean elway] are doing to fox and possibly peyton. 

I predict TC and Eli have at least one more SB win in them.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

jimv

Quote from: President Rick on January 13, 2015, 05:48:13 PM
I predict TC and Eli have at least one more SB win in them.

From your mouth to God's ears! :knockONwood:

Webster29

Mike:   Thanks so much for posting this.   After it has run it's course here I think it should be moved to the history board.   It is something I would enjoy watching a few more times.

Giant Obsession

Quote from: Webster29 on January 13, 2015, 10:22:14 PM
Mike:   Thanks so much for posting this.   After it has run it's course here I think it should be moved to the history board.   It is something I would enjoy watching a few more times.

Thanks Bill.  it's funny, after this first aired a couple of years ago my brother and I hooked up with a couple of die hard Ravens fans on the golf course to make a 4some.  Nice guys, great golfers and domewhere around the 10th hople we started talking football.  Both admitted that they had hated the Giants their whole lives, but after viewing this piece said there was no way they could not develop a soft spot for the organization and a rooting interest in the man who leads us.   it reminded me of how in my younger days i hated Landry and Lombardi.  Why ?? Because they always won and they always beat us.

Age does bring a certain amount of  wisdom and now they are 2 of my favorite coaches in history.  Same thing with John Wooden.  TC is real and he is disciplined and he knows what it takes to win.  We are so very fortunate that we have him and have had him for the last 10 years.  Fate caused us to miss out on Lombardi and Landry.  No way I kick this man out till he is ready to leave.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

bamagiantfan

For those who haven't seen it, the program is a great insight into Coughlin. The phone call from John Madden after the final regular season game against the Patriots before the Superbowl run is worth the time spent watching this. I was unaware that call was ever made. Coughlin then played the call for his team and I wouldn't be surprised if its result was the galvanization of players and coaches that this team was looking for at the time. It says a lot when one of your peers recognizes you and what you stand for, when they didn't have to.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

MightyGiants

Quote from: bamagiantfan on January 14, 2015, 09:51:01 AM
For those who haven't seen it, the program is a great insight into Coughlin. The phone call from John Madden after the final regular season game against the Patriots before the Superbowl run is worth the time spent watching this. I was unaware that call was ever made. Coughlin then played the call for his team and I wouldn't be surprised if its result was the galvanization of players and coaches that this team was looking for at the time. It says a lot when one of your peers recognizes you and what you stand for, when they didn't have to.

That 2007 season had so many special things come together.  The whole end of season Pats play hard or rest decision.  That was also the season the team met Col Gadson for the first time and he helped to inspire them as well.   
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Jintsman74

Quote from: Giant Obsession on January 13, 2015, 09:12:52 AM
Never doubt who we have leading us into 2015.  The coaching leadership we have is without compare.  Time does not pass this man by, it just intensifies the already concrete resolve to winning. 

Whatever problems the New York Giants may have.....our Head Coach is not it.

Don't know how long this link will be active, but enjoy it while you can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKtpJW82qb8

I also want to thank you for posting this. I had only saw bits of this prior but I looked at this before going to bed last night. I would also suggest reading the book "Parcells" that came out in during fall of last year. It also has good information about Coughlin's time as the wide receivers coach and his relationship with Bill Parcells.

Excellent video about coach Coughlin, I came away with a new appreciation for him. Sure he does not have the personality of Parcells, but he is loyal and doesn't have the huge ego that Bill had. I too believe there is one more Suoer Bowl in coach Coughlin and Eli that will cement their legacy forever in Canton. I will truly miss both of them when they are gone.