News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2015 - Cornerbacks

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 27, 2015, 01:48:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The talent available
There are a lot of guys with talent but every single one of them has pronounced faults in their game and none likely to be drafted in the top half of the 1st round. That said, three look likely to be taken in the back end of the 1st round and teams will undoubtedly look to load up on CB

vette5573

Osi72

Yup, no Waynes at 9, he isn't good value and I don't see anything special about him.

Seems like jones meets value and need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Philosophers

I think the Giants have a particular love for relatively local product from Syracuse over to BC down to UConn.  With Jones, they see Jason Sehorn type athleticism and someone who can play meaningful minutes but with good upside.  I think Byron Jones is a Giant if he is available in round 2. 

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Philosophers on April 28, 2015, 11:02:17 AM
I think the Giants have a particular love for relatively local product from Syracuse over to BC down to UConn.  With Jones, they see Jason Sehorn type athleticism and someone who can play meaningful minutes but with good upside.  I think Byron Jones is a Giant if he is available in round 2.

I'd definitely say he's 'in the mix' at #40. Whether we like him most at CB or FS it doesn't really matter. We need both and are a team that drafts athletes first (wherever possible).

Philosophers

Guys like him or your man crush Anthony at LB would be a nice 2nd round defensive pick up for us.  I can see us going defense in round 1 and 2, especially if we get a real three down rush/pass DL in round 1.

Right now my head is spinning.  I say that then watch us go offense in rounds 1 and 2.

Osi72

Quote from: Philosophers on April 28, 2015, 06:42:05 PM
Guys like him or your man crush Anthony at LB would be a nice 2nd round defensive pick up for us.  I can see us going defense in round 1 and 2, especially if we get a real three down rush/pass DL in round 1.

Right now my head is spinning.  I say that then watch us go offense in rounds 1 and 2.

What positions? I'm assuming one is OL?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk