News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2015 - 'True' Linebackers

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 28, 2015, 05:17:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

Overview
There are some good players available for ILB, MLB or WLB including three I expect to be off the board early on the second day of the draft (and one may get picked at the back end of the 1st round). The Giants have brought in FA

Osi72

Still don't get this Anthony kid, been saying it for months, lol, but everyone here seems to like him.

I'd be fine taking Perryman as a 2 down LB, swap him out for a safety on 3rd and long. 

Dawson if he drops I'd pick him up.

Also have no issue with McKinney

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Osi72 on April 28, 2015, 05:20:47 PM
I'd be fine taking Perryman as a 2 down LB, swap him out for a safety on 3rd and long. 

The MLB is traditionally the signal caller on defense. If Perryman has to leave the field in passing situations the defense would either be without its signal caller or, as is the case with Beason, have a player left in that is easily exploited in pass coverage.

Osi72

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 28, 2015, 05:23:39 PM

The MLB is traditionally the signal caller on defense. If Perryman has to leave the field in passing situations the defense would either be without its signal caller or, as is the case with Beason, have a player left in that is easily exploited in pass coverage.

I personally don't see the point in playing a MLB on 3rd, I'll take the faster guy who can cover and also cover more ground. If it's 3rd and 12, he really has no business on the field unless he's actually good at coverage. Slow footed toe injured beacon, perryman, those are guys you keep on first and second, on third have them take a seat.

Give me that 3rd safety instead, you have other players who are capable of telling players that he sees X or Y coming.

Just my two cents

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Osi72 on April 28, 2015, 05:29:57 PM

I personally don't see the point in playing a MLB on 3rd, I'll take the faster guy who can cover and also cover more ground. If it's 3rd and 12, he really has no business on the field unless he's actually good at coverage. Slow footed toe injured beacon, perryman, those are guys you keep on first and second, on third have them take a seat.

Give me that 3rd safety instead, you have other players who are capable of telling players that he sees X or Y coming.

Just my two cents

I know he's on the sideline but were you planning to give Spags a megaphone to get the play call in or for Perryman's helmet to be interchangeable with that of the 3rd Safety? :-??

Hey, maybe we can just hold up billboards college style  :P

Osi72

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 28, 2015, 05:43:52 PM
Quote from: Osi72 on April 28, 2015, 05:29:57 PM

Just my two cents

I know he's on the sideline but were you planning to give Spags a megaphone to get the play call in or for Perryman's helmet to be interchangeable with that of the 3rd Safety? :-??

Hey, maybe we can just hold up billboards college style  :P

You can always slide Kennard over to MLB and bring in a safety instead of a SAM,lol