News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Draft Preview 2015 - My Top 100 and Giants only target list

Started by UKGiantsFan, April 30, 2015, 08:51:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UKGiantsFan

The ranking below reflects a combination of where I rate a player, not necessarily where I think they will go.

Those in bold are players I consider fit the Giants schemes/philosophy and will be amongst the targets in the 1st round

Those marked with * may slip a long way due to character/OTF issues. For now I've listed La'el Collins amongst them. If he's cleared before tonight he joins those in bold.

1. DL Leonard Williams, USC
2. WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
3. DE Vic Beasley, Clemson
4. DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Florida
5. QB Jameis Winston, Florida State*
6. WR Kevin White, West Virginia
7. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon
8. RB Todd Gurley, Georgia
9. DT Danny Shelton, Washington
10. DE Shane Ray, Missouri*
11. RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin
12. DL Arik Armstead, Oregon
13. OL La

vette5573

Tomeee

Wow two RBs and two WRs before the first OL at 13.

Shiny hood ornaments?

I'm sure you put a lot of work into this lets see how your top 10 / 25 pan out.

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: Tomeee on April 30, 2015, 09:02:31 AM
Wow two RBs and two WRs before the first OL at 13.

Shiny hood ornaments?

I'm sure you put a lot of work into this lets see how your top 10 / 25 pan out.

Like I said, it's where I rate the players not where they will go. I'll put my mock draft up soon enough and you'll see what I mean

Philosophers

I have a brilliant idea.  Find a Ceri for each of the 32 NFL teams (i.e. being a passionate fan of 1 team).  This "Ceri" will know the schemes of his team, the needs, the type of players that the team typically covets (i.e. DEs who are 6'5" 270 pounds with long arms), the type of players or positions that the team does not draft in round 1, etc.  Assemble all 32 Ceris then have them put together a mock draft that makes sense.

Like the rest of you, it drives me insane to read a mock that has for example the Giants drafting a player who either does not fit the scheme at all or has some type of strange size (i.e. strange for the Giants) that they never go there.

Osi72

Uh so running backs aren't a fit for our philosophy but wide receivers are?? Little confused as to why no RB was bolded, lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

afan56

Quote from: Osi72 on April 30, 2015, 10:32:59 AM
Uh so running backs aren't a fit for our philosophy but wide receivers are?? Little confused as to why no RB was bolded, lol

I think Ceri just doesn't think we should consider a RB in round one, this was limited to that round.

Osi72

Quote from: afan56 on April 30, 2015, 10:39:58 AM

I think Ceri just doesn't think we should consider a RB in round one, this was limited to that round.

Oh that must have been what I missed out on, thanks.

I would un-bold Waynes, no thanks unless late first.

UKGiantsFan

:yes:

If I'd put up my target list for tomorrow what would I have to do tomorrow morning?  :-??

Osi72

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on April 30, 2015, 10:53:33 AM

:yes:

If I'd put up my target list for tomorrow what would I have to do tomorrow morning?  :-??

Lol I see

dasher

Great job Ceri. I have italized the names in your top 100 not in Bob McGinn's list. You agree on 87 out of 100 names. I noticed a few WR late risers in his top 100 that were rated lower in his positional rankings.
He included WR Chris Conley, Tre Montgomery and Stefon Diggs, TE Jeff Heuerman, OT Corey Robinson, C Mitch Morse, RB Jeremy Langford, DE Frank Clark, DT Michael Bennett, ILB Jordan Hicks and Ramik Wilson, OLB Kwon Alexander and Hau'oli Kikaha instead of your italicized ones.
I congratulate you on both your keen knowledge and the fact you did your own board.
dasher dale
1. DL Leonard Williams, USC
2. WR Amari Cooper, Alabama
3. DE Vic Beasley, Clemson
4. DE/OLB Dante Fowler, Florida
5. QB Jameis Winston, Florida State*
6. WR Kevin White, West Virginia
7. QB Marcus Mariota, Oregon
8. RB Todd Gurley, Georgia
9. DT Danny Shelton, Washington
10. DE Shane Ray, Missouri*
11. RB Melvin Gordon, Wisconsin