News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Frank Gifford has died

Started by Painter, August 09, 2015, 03:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

The Gifford family released a statement that read, in part: "We rejoice in the extraordinary life he was privileged to live, and we feel grateful and blessed to have been loved by such an amazing human being. We ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time and we thank you for your prayers."

He was 84, was and always will be my favorite Giants player.  Requiescat in Pace.

Bill Brown

""The Turk" comes for all of us.  We just don't know when he will knock."

MightyGiants

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

chiller99

Hall of Famer, legendary broadcaster .team icon.a huge loss to the Giants family and a player who transcended generations.

Jaime

Gifford is one of my all-time favs. A storied Giant that was one of a kind.
Go easy Bro & God bless. :(

vstaj(grizz)

He and Hugh Carey, some of the Mara's and even Gene Tunney could be spotted at the quintessential Irish bar on first ave.  Neary's.
   I worry about his wife, I know they had some problems but she talks as if it was a great love affair.   
   Movie star looks and a HOF football star who lived with great elan.   I am old, I feel older, there's always been a Frank Gifford.  The death of certain celebs moves me.  I remember where I was when Jack Benny died, I felt empty when Sinatra died.  This is in that class. 

tucker115

If there was another NFL player that played three different positions, and excelled at all three, I am not aware of them. That accomplishment, by itself, is remarkable. The fact that he then went on to excel in broadcasting, as well, is amazing. No question, he led a very full life. Condolences to family and friends.

Webster29

Very sad news.  He was one of my favorites growing up.  Did everything extremely well.   He was such a joy to root for. 

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Giff

Sem

Zombo

Nothing but respect for #16

RIP Frank....

joeyfootball

rip frank, thank you for all the fine years.

one of the greatest giants ever.

was awesome on monday nite football, and prior to that on the nfl on cbs.

Bob In PA

A huge talent.  And NY, NY was not too big a stage for him.  Far from it.  He even excelled on both sides of the ball for a year (until the Giants wisely realized how important he was to the offense). 

A truly great player who appeared in numerous NFL Championships, he was fortunate enough to win one.  He deserved to win a few more. 

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

President Rick

some of you may had heard me tell this Frank Gifford story:

when Frank was grand marshal of the Winchester VA Apple Blossom Festival and Parade, back in the late 1970's, I completed a pass to him.  I was in a friend's front yard and he was in a moving convertible.  The ball he was tossing to kids near his convertible bounced into the fenced yard as he passed [he was seated on the back with his feet on the backseat].  By the time someone got the ball the car was well down the street.  Phyllis said give the ball to Rick.  So...

At about 40 yards, Frank was looking back and everyone along the street was watching.  I dropped the pass over his shoulder right into Frank's hands [thousand to one shot????].     The crowd cheered.  Phyllis was there...she can affirm this tale.  RIP Frank.  And nice catch, #16.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Painter

Way to go, Rick. That's what this is all about.

Cheers!