Author Topic: Let's talk Walking Dead  (Read 10402 times)

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 678
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
Let's talk Walking Dead
« on: September 01, 2015, 05:40:42 PM »
Since the new season is coming up quickly and after watching that one last Talking Dead show the other night, I got to thinking about our band of hero's'

Who would you say is the one person they simply cannot kill off? Most seem to say Daryl right now, so is that correct?

And, who would be the easiest to kill off? Abraham, Glenn maybe Carl????

And lastly, who was the character that you were the sorriest to see go. We have had a lot of important deaths, from Andrea, to Beth, the Rick's wife, to Shane, to Sophia, to Dale to Hershel to Tyreese to whomever else I have forgotten.
For me, I think the biggest loss or surprise was Hershel, followed by Ricks wife.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Hadron

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 43
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk Walking Dead
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:09:34 AM »
I honestly can't see them killing off Daryl anytime soon. The ladies love him too much!

I think Glenn is going to be on the chopping block soon. His roller coaster of activity can't be healthy.

Biggest loss? Hershel. Most surprising? Beth.   

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 11:43:38 AM »
I think Rick is untouchable. How does the group even survive as a group w/o Rick? Without Rick, the group would splinter. Plus, Andy Lincoln is the most experienced and, imho, the best actor of the lot. We know Daryl isn't going anywhere soon since Kirkman is casting him in his latest movie. As for surprising deaths, I have not been terribly "shocked" by any of them. Kirkman said something that made a ton of sense to me. He said we are asking people to suspend belief that this kind of apocalypse is even possible. He cannot then ask people to expect that NONE of the stars will ever die. That's just asking too much from the audience and would doom the show. I thought that made perfect sense, so I expect a big name character to get killed off every season.

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 07:16:02 PM »
As much as Rick is the leader of the group, if you watched the Talking Dead show the other night, they all seemed to agree that Carol could very well become a leader and a good one at that. It would not surprise me that at the end of the next season, Rick is looking for another line of work. 
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 09:43:30 AM »
As much as Rick is the leader of the group, if you watched the Talking Dead show the other night, they all seemed to agree that Carol could very well become a leader and a good one at that. It would not surprise me that at the end of the next season, Rick is looking for another line of work.

Oh, I would have to disagree with you here, Lenn. Could Rick be killed off? Sure. Andy Lincoln could either decide he wants to go back to making movies, gets an offer he cannot refuse, or gets a big head and demands an obscene amount of money that AMC is not willing to pay. Those things happen to TV shows all the time. But Carol cannot lead the group. Carol is "broken". Her PTSD form domestic abuse, guilt from murdering Tyrese's lover, killing the girls, etc., etc. has turned Carol into the walking definition of a sociopath. Right now, imo, the line separating Carol and the Governor is razor thin and probably only exists because she feels it is easier for her to manipulate Rick than risk the fallout from killing him. I believe a number of the group, including Daryl, already have doubts about Carol. Take Rick out of the picture and Carol IS the Governor. Put Carol in charge and it becomes a "you are either with me or against me" situation overnight. Someone will want to leave and Carol will have them killed. And then the group will splinter into rival factions. Will Rick die? Sure. I could easily see Kirkman using Rick's death as the final episode. I can imagine a final episode - if Kirkman really wants to emotionally knee cap all of us - where Carl dies by Rick's own hand, either as an accident or because Carl gets bit, and then Rick turns his gun on himself. It's brutal, but so is their world, and who would not be talking about that ending for months!!! Or, as I mentioned above, Andy Lincoln could chose to leave for career and/or financial reasons. Rick is definitely not bulletproof. But I do not see any way the group survives the loss of Rick, intact, and with Carol in charge. For me, that's just too much of a stretch.

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2015, 11:27:15 AM »
Tucker

Sorry but I will disagree about Carol. I see her now as a cool, calm and collective person who sees things in an entirely different light then she did, some time ago. Her little chat with that neighborhood boy showed me that. She used psychology instead of action even if it was to scare the living you know what out of him. I do NOT see her as anywhere near what the Governor was, who would kill his own men at a whim, behead Hershel just because. Carol is cold now, but she is very far from being psychotic. Daryl was, maybe still is, fascinated with her and I could easily see her as a very capable leader of this group, even of the entire city. That is if the men in high places even thought about killing Rick off.

As you said though, any cast member, who gets too big for their britches, finds better work some where else, or just wants a change of pace, cane easily be eliminated. The public outcry may be huge, but the show is bigger than that and will move on.

Charlie Weiss

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 11:35:54 AM »
We will see how it all plays out, Lenn. You may be right. Let's be honest, one writers meeting and we could be BOTH be a million miles from the truth. All we can say for certain is AMC & Kirkman must be absolutely giddy that they have built a franchise that is so popular that it is being openly discussed on a site set up to discuss football. They have set the hook deep and all we can do is wiggle on the line.  ;)  When it does end, and all good things must, I will miss the fun I had following it and enjoying it's twists and turns.

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2015, 05:43:40 PM »
Do you or have you, read any of the comic books about the Walking Dead? That seems to be the basis and when that runs out, well we shall see.

But talking it on a football board is OK as it regularly beats out SNF in it's time slot. When has THAT every happened before?

They also brought up an interesting question about Morgan. will be be a friend or foe of Rick?

Charlie Weiss

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2015, 06:44:00 PM »
OK people, I'm geared up and ready for the new season. I just re watched the last couple of episodes from last season and I am stoked?

So what will Morgan bring to our group? Will he be friend or foe of Rick?

Will a major character be killed off this season?

Bring it on, I'm ready  :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok: :ok:

Charlie Weiss

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2015, 12:41:03 PM »
One good thing about all of us watching "Fear..." is the premiere episode of TWD should be that much more enjoyable because that little s**t Nick is nowhere to be found!!! After "Fear..." I NEED this episode to kick some major a**. Got the dvr all set and I am watching that bad boy no matter how late I get home from work!!!!

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2015, 02:35:21 PM »
After the FTWD series, I wanted to watch the entire last season of TWD, but, as I said, I only watch the last 2 episodes. It DID get me over the mess from Fear, and the new season can't come fast enough.

Charlie Weiss

Hadron

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2015, 11:36:14 PM »
I'm looking forward to TWD. Like the rest of you, I need something good to clear the palate after FtWD.

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 156
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2015, 03:58:11 PM »
Right before the group enters Alexandria RIck stashs a Glock in a old coffee pot in a pile of junk outside the compound. The Glock had the initial "J" prominently displayed that had been carved into the handle. Anyone know who "J" was? I mean there is a reason that was so well displayed.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2015, 07:50:16 PM »
I forgot about that.

Weren't the guns missing when they went back to look for them?

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 920
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2015, 05:45:02 PM »
I finished watching episode one.  That horrible spin off made me forget just what a great show the original was/is.   Great stuff. Loved how they separated flashback from real time with the black and white.   I loved how Rick dealt with the annoying teenage angst that the other series struggled to deal with. 

One thing I don't understand is why the lead car didn't use its horn to help heard the zombies.  Heck, why not tie some cans behind the car as well. 

Zombie hoards like the one they have to deal with, is the true threat.  Nothing brings back scary zombie, like that many of them hungry and on the hunt. 

It's great that the team got themselves a new moral compass with Morgan.  Plus Morgan knows how to take care of himself
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"