Author Topic: Let's talk Walking Dead  (Read 15916 times)

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 492
    • View Profile
Re: Let's talk Walking Dead
« Reply #390 on: March 13, 2017, 08:44:59 PM »
Good episode. Actually I liked the Eugene episode a lot. Hey do you think anyone was smart enough to bury guns and rocket launchers in Maggie's grave? Someone mentioned it. I can't see them being stupid enough to hand them all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 509
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 13, 2017, 09:48:19 PM »
Good episode. Actually I liked the Eugene episode a lot. Hey do you think anyone was smart enough to bury guns and rocket launchers in Maggie's grave? Someone mentioned it. I can't see them being stupid enough to hand them all over.

Don't know, I've seen some pretty stupid things done, on this show, some really stupid things.  :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 224
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 14, 2017, 03:11:08 AM »

Per Negan, they got every gun on the list. So, one has to assume that any gun they get, they will have take from someone else.

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 14, 2017, 03:49:20 AM »
I think there's so many plot holes and trying to fill them in - illogically - is just being sloppy. Richard had set up Carol. Daryl doesn't warn Morgan about that? C'mon! He doesn't tell Carol that Richard is a threat? How does everyone get out of the truck, start marching towards the grocery carts, and Richard - while calling out orders - turns around, goes back to the truck, and gets the melon? When someone is walking behind you, it's difficult to hear them unless they yell, Your ears face forward for a reason. The moment Richard turns to get back to the truck, his voice would change so dramatically, that certainly someone would have turned around to see why there was a huge shift in volume and tone. Remember, Richard is the only one who knows this is NOT a setup or a trap. Everyone else would have their adrenal glands going into overdrive. Absolutely NO question you're checking your six. You have that gun up and you're taking a 360 view because there are stores and cars everywhere. The threat could come from any direction. And Richard places the melon under a box in the road? Never tries to go back to destroy the evidence? And, amazingly, that's the box Morgan kicks? As I said before, I understand it's science fiction and we need to suspend belief. I'm not looking for perfection. But show some craftsmanship when writing the script and not make things so damn convenient. Give us something reasonably intelligent. I feel like the fans extremely upset reactions to the episode where Glen and Abraham died has negatively influenced the script writing into being vanilla and simplistic. They tried to get "real" and people freaked out. So, let's craft a fairytale land where no one holds Rick accountable, he's sleeping with the woman who warned him not to go "murder for hire", and let's kill the kid to make sure the Kingdom joins the fight. So,what if it doesn't make any sense and bears no resemblance to how things would go in real life? The fans want a war and we're running out of episodes to assemble the "cavalry" to come to rescue! Man, I'm starting to root for Negan! At least, he's somewhat believable. But his survival would mean repercussions from the attack on the group and that would traumatize the fan base, so, of course, he must die at Rick's hand,or Carol's, Carl's, Daryl's, Maggie's, or- what drama - Morgan. I'm guessing we will also see the Savior that killed Benjamin, about to kill the king when the CGI tiger attacks and fishes him off. That will have twitter humming all night long. I feel like if they had just edited that shot of Glen's eye bulging out, the outcry would have been significantly less, and the writing would be tighter. But, ratings is what pays the bills, so gotta give the fans what they want.  :surrender:

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 14, 2017, 10:19:08 AM »
I think there's so many plot holes and trying to fill them in - illogically - is just being sloppy. Richard had set up Carol. Daryl doesn't warn Morgan about that? C'mon! He doesn't tell Carol that Richard is a threat? How does everyone get out of the truck, start marching towards the grocery carts, and Richard - while calling out orders - turns around, goes back to the truck, and gets the melon? When someone is walking behind you, it's difficult to hear them unless they yell, Your ears face forward for a reason. The moment Richard turns to get back to the truck, his voice would change so dramatically, that certainly someone would have turned around to see why there was a huge shift in volume and tone. Remember, Richard is the only one who knows this is NOT a setup or a trap. Everyone else would have their adrenal glands going into overdrive. Absolutely NO question you're checking your six. You have that gun up and you're taking a 360 view because there are stores and cars everywhere. The threat could come from any direction. And Richard places the melon under a box in the road? Never tries to go back to destroy the evidence? And, amazingly, that's the box Morgan kicks? As I said before, I understand it's science fiction and we need to suspend belief. I'm not looking for perfection. But show some craftsmanship when writing the script and not make things so damn convenient. Give us something reasonably intelligent. I feel like the fans extremely upset reactions to the episode where Glen and Abraham died has negatively influenced the script writing into being vanilla and simplistic. They tried to get "real" and people freaked out. So, let's craft a fairytale land where no one holds Rick accountable, he's sleeping with the woman who warned him not to go "murder for hire", and let's kill the kid to make sure the Kingdom joins the fight. So,what if it doesn't make any sense and bears no resemblance to how things would go in real life? The fans want a war and we're running out of episodes to assemble the "cavalry" to come to rescue! Man, I'm starting to root for Negan! At least, he's somewhat believable. But his survival would mean repercussions from the attack on the group and that would traumatize the fan base, so, of course, he must die at Rick's hand,or Carol's, Carl's, Daryl's, Maggie's, or- what drama - Morgan. I'm guessing we will also see the Savior that killed Benjamin, about to kill the king when the CGI tiger attacks and fishes him off. That will have twitter humming all night long. I feel like if they had just edited that shot of Glen's eye bulging out, the outcry would have been significantly less, and the writing would be tighter. But, ratings is what pays the bills, so gotta give the fans what they want.  :surrender:

I don't know Tucker. As I said, I kinda liked this episode and you know what, if that tiger did 'eat' the guy that shot Benjamin, it would make me very happy.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Sorry.  ;) ;) ;)
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 14, 2017, 03:22:35 PM »
I don't know Tucker. As I said, I kinda liked this episode and you know what, if that tiger did 'eat' the guy that shot Benjamin, it would make me very happy.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Sorry.  ;) ;) ;)

They would have loved you in ancient Rome, Lenn. Hopefully, you would have had season tickets, front row seats!!! Wonder if it would feel strange wearing a Lion's jersey, even though Detroit didn't exist yet?  ;)  :P

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 14, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
I don't know about that. Now if those lions were going to eat Saviors, yes, I would love a front row seat, even a cool beverage also.  :yes: :yes: :yes:
But if it were two gladiators fighting it out, YOU BET. Where do I sign up.    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1115
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #397 on: March 15, 2017, 02:50:56 PM »
What Carol is planning now

"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 15, 2017, 08:01:59 PM »
whats the saying about? Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned? Negan and his cohorts better watch their asses if they run into a Carol scorned, thats for sure
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 63
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 20, 2017, 04:39:24 PM »
well we KNOW you cant assassinate Negan so someones gonna get bumped off for the season finale would be my guess.
 Pretty good episode last night, now when they gonna go liberate that group living by cheseapeak bay? plus they have a arsenal.
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Sem

• Mod Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 20, 2017, 09:07:57 PM »
I thought this was mostly a letdown episode, and I remain frustrated in this series, (but I still watch). First off, I don't understand *at all* the Rosita/Sasha thing. Their plan made no sense, as did the fact that their "plan" didn't even really even have any plan to it. I guess if Rick and everybody were still saying they had no intention to go after Negan, then perhaps Rosita and Sasha's mission would have made some sense, (although still very unlikely to succeed). But Rosita and Sasha both knew that Rick and everybody is going to attack Negan. So why did they really need to jump the gun so close to a legit counterattack being launched? It's not only selfish it's dumb.

The underlying idea makes no sense, and their lack of planning or ability makes the whole thing laughable. They sneak out of the Hilltop, start trying to hotwire some cars, and only then do they start discussing even the basics of what they plan to do? Really?

And it's a big deal they aren't telling Maggie. Why? The writers haven't provided any logical reason for Sasha and Rosita to do what they're doing, so why should we even care if they let Maggie know or not. I guess I'm glad they didn't, because then we'd just get a third person involved in a stupid idea.

They've been doing dumb, illogical stuff on this show for years, and what really frustrates me is when the writers clearly want us to *feel* for these characters, even when they do dumb selfish stuff. This weird thing people do on this show is where they're kind of selfishly selfless and just want to sacrifice themselves for no good reason. It really tends to get old and is unrealistic, and it doesn't help to build interesting characters.

But.......I will say that the "Vegetables - say the whole word, we have time..." guy delivered one of the best lines on this show in YEARS, and perhaps ever. An instant classic.

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2017, 09:29:53 PM »
While I don't think this was a 'classic' episode, it was OL. Steve, trying to make this sensible would defy anything we have ever watched on TV. It is fiction and it is from a comic book series. It is entertainment, and I feel it is still entertaining me, so I want more and more. You can take most series and find fault with it. If we took the time to analysis Breaking Bad, maybe the best TV show ever, we could find many silly and stupid things the writers made Jessie and Walt do. We just ahve to sit back and let it happen, suspend reality,a s this show is just not a reality show.

I have a short memory, but do Rosita and Sasha really know what Rick is planning. Has he made his intentions known to the entire group? But I do understand the girls need to want their own vengeance on Negan. Rosita was in love with Abraham and he was killed, so her Latin temperament wants to extract her own vengeance. Pausable--maybe, entertaining, I think so.

For me, I really don't think Sasha is going to get all the way to Negan and kill him. She may be doomed. I kind of figured Eugene becoming a turncoat now, as he has an important 'job' as part of the Saviors, but I do believe if he is pushed to a certain extreme, he will revert back. Like if Sasha is caught and he has the ability to help her, I believe he will.

What I don't get is we keep getting bits and pieces of Jesus, and we like what we see, yet he continues to remain in the background , even though his character could be a winner. Why they don't sort of 'promote' him to 'star' status, I don't know,

Did I miss something or did he admit he was gay? Didn't he say something like he has boyfriends?

Over all, as I said, not the best episode, but it still piques my interest enough to want more. I agree with Weeze that there will be no battle this season, but maybe the opener next year.

Charlie Weiss

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2017, 09:55:55 PM »
I thought this was mostly a letdown episode, and I remain frustrated in this series, (but I still watch). First off, I don't understand *at all* the Rosita/Sasha thing. Their plan made no sense, as did the fact that their "plan" didn't even really even have any plan to it. I guess if Rick and everybody were still saying they had no intention to go after Negan, then perhaps Rosita and Sasha's mission would have made some sense, (although still very unlikely to succeed). But Rosita and Sasha both knew that Rick and everybody is going to attack Negan. So why did they really need to jump the gun so close to a legit counterattack being launched? It's not only selfish it's dumb.

The underlying idea makes no sense, and their lack of planning or ability makes the whole thing laughable. They sneak out of the Hilltop, start trying to hotwire some cars, and only then do they start discussing even the basics of what they plan to do? Really?

And it's a big deal they aren't telling Maggie. Why? The writers haven't provided any logical reason for Sasha and Rosita to do what they're doing, so why should we even care if they let Maggie know or not. I guess I'm glad they didn't, because then we'd just get a third person involved in a stupid idea.

They've been doing dumb, illogical stuff on this show for years, and what really frustrates me is when the writers clearly want us to *feel* for these characters, even when they do dumb selfish stuff. This weird thing people do on this show is where they're kind of selfishly selfless and just want to sacrifice themselves for no good reason. It really tends to get old and is unrealistic, and it doesn't help to build interesting characters.

But.......I will say that the "Vegetables - say the whole word, we have time..." guy delivered one of the best lines on this show in YEARS, and perhaps ever. An instant classic.
They're idiots, that's why.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 20, 2017, 10:00:11 PM »
The cast is outstanding and they do a superb job with their roles.

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

tucker115

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 21, 2017, 09:35:53 AM »

THANK YOU!!!!!  :ok: