News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Our Mission Statement (All Members please read these Guidelines and Rules)

Started by Ed Vette, December 08, 2015, 05:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

"Welcome to the Big Blue Huddle where you can meet passionate and informed Fans of the New York Giants and Students of the game. The goal is to share information and discuss topics pertaining to our New York Giants and to reply to these topics in a civil give and take manner.

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards, PM Personal Messages and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Big Blue Huddle (unless Big Blue Huddle is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Big Blue Huddle web site does not mean that Big Blue Huddle has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to the Moderation Team. This forum is not monitored 24/7. Posters are responsible for their own comments and behavior. You own what you write. All legal responsibility falls on the Author. The Owner/Owners of this Big Blue Huddle Website, its Administrators and Moderators are not responsible for any of the content posted here.

This isn't a debate board. If you disagree with someone's opinion you can respectfully introduce your take on the subject but never put down or attack the other Member. Good information and content is backed up by facts but if it's your opinion, you should state so. Everyone is a representative of this site. We do not disrespect the players, coaches or the organization.

If you would like to post an article, copy and paste a small portion of the article and then post the link to the original source. If it's a small article you can post it in it's entirety but alway post a link to the original author giving the original author credit. Not doing so can be considered a copyright infringement.   

We don't engage in discussions about Politics, Religion or Race issues however if you would like to post an occasional Current Event Topic start the Topic Title with NFT (Not Football Topic). This way it does not get broadcast out to our Social Media Sites such as Twitter or Facebook. At some point the thread may be moved to our Front Porch Board for further and more in depth conversation and leave more space on the front page to the football forum for what we are all here for, NY Giants Football.

We understand that this community is not for everyone. It's very unique and the manner in which it's moderated and content that is allowed is not up for discussion. We do things here a certain way and it's worked well for us since 2007. We have a group of volunteers that moderate the site and we have a seasoned group of Moderator Emeritus Members and Core Members who care very deeply about our community. Members often meet for Home Games, Away Games and for Get Togethers. Any Member with Hall Of Fame Status is welcome to to get involved.

Spamming of other sites or promoting other sites without approval is not permitted. Neither is overstating a point in numerous posts and threads or personal attacks and inappropriate remarks to other members. This includes violation of the PM Personal Message system. That includes general barbs where the message can be obviously intended to target a member. Membership is a privilege and can be revoked at any time.

If you have an issue with a post, kindly hit the NOTIFY icon at the bottom of the post and provide an explanation or send a personal message to one of our Moderators. There is one simple rule, Civility and Respect for each other, the players, Coaches, the Organization, the Officials and the League. Treat others with the respect you expect to be treated and never say something to someone you wouldn't say to their face."       
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Attacking other members and their opinions or comments is not welcome here. Neither are redundant and repetitive comments, positions and opinions.

We have a lot of good members who are respectful and civil and we support folks like that.

Respect for each other, above all!

Any posts that are contrary to that end will either be edited or deleted moving forward and as we are all busy with our own lives, don
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

drakew

Sorry Ed, but who burned your ass?

Usually, it is my evil twin in Port Charlotte, but I travelled down there to spend gameday with him, took my lovely wife with me, and we played with the  DAWG.

Beep me if you gotta problem....
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Ed Vette

Quote from: drakew on November 30, 2018, 01:16:44 PM
Sorry Ed, but who burned your ass?

Usually, it is my evil twin in Port Charlotte, but I travelled down there to spend gameday with him, took my lovely wife with me, and we played with the  DAWG.

Beep me if you gotta problem....
Hi Drake, we just want everyone here to respect each other and be civil. Hope all is well with you, your lovely wife and my friend in Port Charlotte. I remember that day in Rensselaer Park grilling side by side with you, at one of our memorable Get Togethers. I also remember the kindness of Gabe and your special friendship to him, as I do my friendship with John Mojo Morrison. May God Bless then and may they Rest In Peace...

If some folks here actually took the time to meet each other as many of us have, it might smooth out some of these interactions.

Have a nice Holiday Season,

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

drakew

Hey, Ed me-boyo, hope you and yours have a super Holiday season, and do not watch too much Hallmark channel.....
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Bob In PA

Quote from: drakew on December 01, 2018, 11:03:13 AM
Hey, Ed me-boyo, hope you and yours have a super Holiday season, and do not watch too much Hallmark channel.....

drake:  The level of popularity of the Hallmark Channel is amazing, but IMO not surprising (especially when compared to the level of trash currently permeating network TV).

Although extremely formulaic and unsurprising, it is no more so than CSI and other popular decent network programs.

As for Ed, yeah, he is definitely a Hallmark Channel type of guy.  LOL

Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

weeze

Hey
Merry Christmas and hopefully a Tampa Bay Rays new years to all my buds here. Yes even you Bob!
Weeze
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

Bob In PA

Quote from: weeze on December 21, 2018, 03:09:34 PM
Hey
Merry Christmas and hopefully a Tampa Bay Rays new years to all my buds here. Yes even you Bob!
Weeze

Weeze: I promise to do my best to not miss another year.  I will indeed have fewer obligations this February and March than last year.  Bob

LennG

I've been away for a month but I see nothing has changed :surrender:
Sitting in O'Hare in the windy city waiting to board to finally get home. Talk to you all very soon.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

MightyGiants

Choices made in anger cannot be undone

SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MightyGiants

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there are some people who are using proxy servers to hide their location/IP address so they can sneak back in after being suspended or banned.

To deal with that issue, BBH will be blocking proxy server IPs until further notice.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Ed Vette

Harassment of fellow members will not be tolerated and will result in the offender being removed from the group or posting privileges taken away.  Report any violations to the Moderation Team immediately.

All messages made available as part of this discussion group (including any bulletin boards, PM Personal Messages and chat rooms) and any opinions, advice, statements or other information contained in any messages posted or transmitted by any third party are the responsibility of the author of that message and not of Big Blue Huddle (unless Big Blue Huddle is specifically identified as the author of the message). The fact that a particular message is posted on or transmitted using this Big Blue Huddle web site does not mean that Big Blue Huddle has endorsed that message in any way or verified the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message. We encourage visitors to the forum to report any objectionable message to the Moderation Team. This forum is not monitored 24/7. Posters are responsible for their own comments and behavior. You own what you write. All legal responsibility falls on the Author. The Owner/Owners of this Big Blue Huddle Website, its Administrators and Moderators are not responsible for any of the content posted here.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Dear Members,

The Administrator and Moderator Team had a Zoom meeting this morning and it was decided that current topics which touch on politics and topics that have had a history of ending in fighting and inappropriate interaction will no longer be permitted. So no threads or conversation of Politics, COVID and Public Health or any sensitive Topics. If they are started they will be removed and anyone who continues to promote such conversation or threads will be removed from the group.

This is first and foremost a Football Site primarily about NY Giants Football. We all want to get along and share our thoughts and knowledge about the team and the game. Please continue to enjoy Front Porch Topics about Movies, Humor, photography and personal things that you would like to share. Start threads for new topics of Football discussion but whenever possible, post related information in existing threads.

BBH Management Team 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

Certain topics which are not obviously political are so likely to become problematic that we must include them in the ban.  Examples are matters such as the Kyle Rittenhouse trial and the Alec Baldwin situation. 

Although these are not per se political topics, they are (or have become) so "tinged" with a political undercurrent as to be likely to result in temptation to add political commentary, so they must also be banned.

It is also possible that some football or football-related topics will also have to be omitted on this basis.  Time will tell. 

Bob

Ed Vette

Quote from: Bob In PA on January 15, 2022, 05:21:12 PM
Certain topics which are not obviously political are so likely to become problematic that we must include them in the ban.  Examples are matters such as the Kyle Rittenhouse trial and the Alec Baldwin situation. 

Although these are not per se political topics, they are (or have become) so "tinged" with a political undercurrent as to be likely to result in temptation to add political commentary, so they must also be banned.

It is also possible that some football or football-related topics will also have to be omitted on this basis.  Time will tell. 

Bob
The propensity to become problematic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin