News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

New York Giants PFF offensive line rankings since 2019

Started by sxdxca38, Today at 02:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

GloryDays

Great threat and a strong and clear argument from OP SXDX...pointing to the main reason for DJ's struggles.

Those who still deny such clear stats may say that some QBs (very few) have done better with poor O line. My answer:

1- Those are rare QBs, meaning, even if you draft a good one, he might not be the rare kind, to do it behind a bad line.
2- Jones also lacked the Receivers who could run crisp routes and get open in the little time Jones had to throw.
3- Most QBs lose their confidence and focus when they are under constant pressure; so they will miss some open receivers now and then... even QBs with better lines make those mistakes and make the wrong reads now and then.

DaveBrown74

Well, no matter what people think, the bottom line is he'll probably be the starter again this year for much, most, or possibly all of the season if he can somehow stay healthy. The line has been materially invested in including a significant head coaching upgrade. So those who still feel unsure about him after five years will get a chance to watch him again in his sixth, with even more resources having been thrown at the line. So hopefully those folks will get some answers either way this year and won't need a 7th year.

sxdxca38

Quote from: GloryDays on Today at 04:24:27 PMGreat threat and a strong and clear argument from OP SXDX...pointing to the main reason for DJ's struggles.

Those who still deny such clear stats may say that some QBs (very few) have done better with poor O line. My answer:

1- Those are rare QBs, meaning, even if you draft a good one, he might not be the rare kind, to do it behind a bad line.
2- Jones also lacked the Receivers who could run crisp routes and get open in the little time Jones had to throw.
3- Most QBs lose their confidence and focus when they are under constant pressure; so they will miss some open receivers now and then... even QBs with better lines make those mistakes and make the wrong reads now and then.

Glory,

Thank you so much my friend.

AZGiantFan

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 05:05:16 PMWell, no matter what people think, the bottom line is he'll probably be the starter again this year for much, most, or possibly all of the season if he can somehow stay healthy. The line has been materially invested in including a significant head coaching upgrade. So those who still feel unsure about him after five years will get a chance to watch him again in his sixth, with even more resources having been thrown at the line. So hopefully those folks will get some answers either way this year and won't need a 7th year.

Although as we've seen for the last 10 years, throwing resources at the line doesn't necessarily translate to better line play.  I'll only believe if and when the line actually plays better.
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

Philosophers

Quote from: DaveBrown74 on Today at 05:05:16 PMWell, no matter what people think, the bottom line is he'll probably be the starter again this year for much, most, or possibly all of the season if he can somehow stay healthy. The line has been materially invested in including a significant head coaching upgrade. So those who still feel unsure about him after five years will get a chance to watch him again in his sixth, with even more resources having been thrown at the line. So hopefully those folks will get some answers either way this year and won't need a 7th year.

I dont think it's fair to just say they keep throwing resources at the line and he continues to get more years.  Fact is those investments in the OL have been failures.  Even Thomas cant stay healthy.  That is not a QB's fault.  Would Patrick Mahommes do better behind that OL than DJ?  Yeah probably a bit.  Would Patrick be Patrick behind that OL?  No way.

DaveBrown74

Quote from: Philosophers on Today at 06:40:08 PMI dont think it's fair to just say they keep throwing resources at the line and he continues to get more years.  Fact is those investments in the OL have been failures.  Even Thomas cant stay healthy.  That is not a QB's fault.  Would Patrick Mahommes do better behind that OL than DJ?  Yeah probably a bit.  Would Patrick be Patrick behind that OL?  No way.

I'm not claiming he would be, nor do I think that.