News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Welcome to the Giants History Board

Started by bighitterdalama, June 17, 2007, 10:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bighitterdalama

To all our members at the new BBGC, my good friends from the BBWC, and treasured guests, I would like to welcome you to the BBGC History Board.

The purpose of this board is to examine the storied history of beloved New York Giants. I will be posting threads on various eras in Giants team history, biographical sketches of individual Giant players, team and individual photographs, and books, links, and like info on our heroes. I consider this board to be a work in process. Like many of you, I have a good working knowledge of Giants' history, but, also like you, I have much to learn. As lead administrator/editor of this project, I hope to bring us all to a better understanding the Big Blue Heritage.

Lastly, on behalf of all the administrators of the Big Blue Gentlemen's Crew, I would like to dedicate this board to the memory of the late Christopher Allen. For those who did not know him, Chris Allen was the resident Giants' historian at the BBWC. Chris tragically and unexpectedly passed on in 2006. Let all who post here strive to match the professional and level-headed historical analysis which we were once so honored to enjoy via the pen of our good friend Chris.

BigHitterDalama

retrojint

Brian:  Excellent way to remember Christopher Allen.  As an off-season treatment (and remember that means about one month, presently!), I'd like guys to step up with recollections, analysis and commentary about Giant players who burned bright and briefly like roman candles, giving the hint of excellent and perhaps stardom, but never came even close to fulfilling that promise.  For example, Floyd Eddings, Vin Clements, Ron Hornsby--guys like that.  And there must be a solid, deeply researched piece on Troy Archer, who unquestionably would have become one of the all-time great Giants had he not died tragically in the highway accident. 

I ask Giants' fans of an age to help out in this project.  Please exercise the due diligence to breath life into this section of the site.  We ask you add to the historical volume of work to be included in this area of the board. Games that you attended.  Giant players that you might have met off the field.  Anything that adds to the experience of being a Giants fan.    Thank you. 

BigBlueD

I am new to this forum and I have to say this is the coolest section of any forum I have seen.  I have been enjoying reading all of the information on here.  I say to all who have posted and will post here to keep it up. 
Thanks

jimv

As I said on another thread on this board, I'm new to BBH, coming from the TAILGATE.  This board is just GREAT & i'm going to enjoy it.  THANKS, bighit!