News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

On this date…

Started by Rosehill Jimmy, December 29, 2023, 07:08:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosehill Jimmy

12/29/63 the Giants lost 14-10 to the Bears in NFL Championship game.  I still can't forgive Shofner for dropping an easy TD pass that would have put us up 14-0 ~X(
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Rosehill Jimmy

12/30/62...Giants lose 16-7 to Packers in NFL championship game. Our first year as season ticket holders and I have never been colder during a game than I was that day. Though only 12, my Dad did his best to keep me warm by adding a drop of antifreeze to my hot chocolate ("don't tell your Mother!) :D
"It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

LennG

Those were the years I really became a die-hard Giants fan. YA is still my favorite all-time Giant.
So true about Shofner. Great, great career, and yet people remember the one he didn't catch.

I can say the Packers were probably the better team, but not so for the Bears. We were head and shoulders the better team and then YA gets hurt. I still remember listening to that game on the radio and kept thinking YA will get it done. It just wasn't to be. We have had some tough losses in my lifetime, and all the woulda, shoulda, couldas won't make them right.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss