News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rate The Coordinator: Ben McAdoo

Started by Ed Vette, December 21, 2015, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you satisfied?

Bye_H8er

I really think Reese is the problem. Eli makes non pass catching targets all look good. His whole career he's been throwing to less than legitimate receiving tight ends. We've neglected that position since Reese has been at the helm.
That's why I don't give Reese to much credit when it comes to drafting wide receivers which is the only position Reese's seems to have drafted well. Eli makes any target formidable.
All Reese does is miss in the draft. Nobody pans out.
In my opinion. It's sad because Eli's clock is ticking. He's never had a dominant offensive line. His receivers don't seem to make it to their second contract for him to have that unspoken rapport and long time familiarity with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jerseyguy

My disappointment with McAdoo is the running back by committee, as far as I can see it was a mistake and it took him too long to realize that.

jimv

Quote from: Bye_H8er on December 22, 2015, 03:57:35 PM
...Eli makes non pass catching targets all look good. His whole career he's been throwing to less than legitimate receiving tight ends...Eli makes any target formidable...It's sad because Eli's clock is ticking. He's never had a dominant offensive line...

Your post was mainly a rant about Reese.  But, I must say something about the above Eli comments:

1.)  Eli has had good TEs during his career - Shockey (lost to injury & egotism), Boss (lost to injury) & another guy whose name starts with a B (lost to injury).

2.)  Eli had excellent O lines during his SB years.

3.)  Reese is wasting Eli's remaining years mainly because he's put such a sad D on the field.

todge

I have always thought that coordinators are vastly overrated. It isn't the play call, but the execution of the play that is the driving force behind offensive efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalklplpp
Mlllpppl

LennG

Quote from: todge on December 22, 2015, 08:38:03 PM
I have always thought that coordinators are vastly overrated. It isn't the play call, but the execution of the play that is the driving force behind offensive efficiency.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalklplpp
Mlllpppl

As usual Ted, I disagree  (but nicely though  ;) ;))

Yes the execution is important, but only if you have personnel to make it happen. Like my favorite example is Williams. Macadoo continues to run him off tackle and it just never succeeds, So why does he continue to run the same damn play over and over, maybe hoping it will work this time? Sure if we had better execution it might work, but we can't have better execution because we have lousy players trying to execute it.
On another team, you may be correct, but on a team that has a terrible OL, I believe his continuance of calling those same plays that aren't working, over and over again, well that falls on him. He is NOT putting guys like Williams in the best position to succeed.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Bye_H8er

Quote from: jimv on December 22, 2015, 04:39:19 PM

Your post was mainly a rant about Reese.  But, I must say something about the above Eli comments:

1.)  Eli has had good TEs during his career - Shockey (lost to injury & egotism), Boss (lost to injury) & another guy whose name starts with a B (lost to injury).

2.)  Eli had excellent O lines during his SB years.

3.)  Reese is wasting Eli's remaining years mainly because he's put such a sad D on the field.
Shockey was like a rental for Eli.
Boss was good because Eli made him. When he left he did nothing that's how I know he's nothing.
The guy with a B is that Travis Beckham?
When a receiver leaves Eli for another team,he does nothing.
Eli makes the targets.
Fire Reese. He's piggy backing off Accorsi's success.

I don't think the Super Bowl O-lines were very good. Luke Pettigout is not a left tackle. Eli never had good protection. Decent but not good.

4thand17

jimv

Bye_H8er

Quote from: 4thand17 on December 28, 2015, 12:09:51 AM
The B was Ballard.
understood. I don't remember Ballard moving on to do anything.
Eli is Accorsi's guy.
Eli makes the targets.
Everytime somebody tries to hold out on us and ask the moon and the stars contract wise we let them walk and they go somewhere to die statistically.

Bye_H8er

Also Shockey left because he had an argument with that incompetent GM we call Reese.

Ed Vette

You can change your vote now if you decided differently.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bye_H8er

Quote from: Vette on December 28, 2015, 11:57:47 AM
You can change your vote now if you decided differently.
i don't follow.

Ed Vette

You can vote again if it's different and it will change your vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Do you see the vote categories? You may not from tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bye_H8er

I did not notice them.