News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rate The Coordinator: Ben McAdoo

Started by Ed Vette, December 21, 2015, 05:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you satisfied?

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

Take your pick...an offense that NEEDS to SCORE  and has the talent to score 30 plus points per game is invisible for long stretches.

Four RB's by committee...ludicrous.

The total neglect of Shane Vereen as a weapon that needs to be utilized with 7-10 targets a game.

Using Andre Williams.

Using Andre Williams (not a repeat.

WHEN is the last time we called a pattern where the tight end is running the middle in forward motion (see Mark Bavaro.

Honestly, whatever his playbook is...throw it out.  Sit down with Eli and construct a new one using his input.

Our QB is MORE knowledgeable about plays that will be successful than our fledgling OC.  Does anyone doubt that ??
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

The12th man

Injuries to the OL hindered but the offense is not as big of a problem as the defense is!

sooners56

I need another year to evaluate but I like the fact Eli's interceptions are not as high as they were. Also, considering OBJ is really the only weapon that is above average I would like to add a legit #2 receiver and maybe a quicker back to see how that helps.

I would also like to know if the only reason McAdoos offense was any good was b/c of OBJ. I mean really before Beckham the offense was a joke.
Ain't nothing to it but to do it!

JimboWHO

Mac gets a unqualified THUMBS UP.

JJM

BlueMoshik

Eli should be running this offense.

coggs

Quote from: sooners56 on December 21, 2015, 08:26:41 PM
I need another year to evaluate but I like the fact Eli's interceptions are not as high as they were. Also, considering OBJ is really the only weapon that is above average I would like to add a legit #2 receiver and maybe a quicker back to see how that helps.

I would also like to know if the only reason McAdoos offense was any good was b/c of OBJ. I mean really before Beckham the offense was a joke.
A BIG part of it is Beckham.

T200

I think he deserves more time and a healthier group than he's had this year. If the offensive line can stay healthy for 19 games next year, the results will be undeniable. The dial-a-running-back needs to be dialed back. Pick one primary, have a change-up (Vereen) and keep one for backup. Cruz comes back to take the slot and relieves some pressure on OBJ.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Hadron

How much of this is OBJ? The Giants have a generational talent masking a lot of offensive deficiencies.

(I voted 'mixed review'  btw)

coggs

Quote from: T200 on December 21, 2015, 09:01:41 PM
I think he deserves more time and a healthier group than he's had this year. If the offensive line can stay healthy for 19 games next year, the results will be undeniable. The dial-a-running-back needs to be dialed back. Pick one primary, have a change-up (Vereen) and keep one for backup. Cruz comes back to take the slot and relieves some pressure on OBJ.
Cruz is not going to be back.  Not at a $9MM cap hit, at least not at a $9MM cap hit.  Besides, at this point, he is a huge question mark about whether he can even be counted on.

babywhales

I love how TC gets all the credit for coaching up the horrible players he has but in the next breath some people (some of the same people) think a top 10 scoring offense that has only 1 weapon, no running game and half a o line is some how the problem.

Interesting stuff .
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Bye_H8er

I think he's doing an adequate job.
The offensive line seems under-par.
I blame reese for that.
He drafts projects who don't have a true position but are versatile enough to use interchangeably. Which doesn't seem to be panning out to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

katkavage

I said fire him only because it's probably best for the new coach to determine his staff. I would consider rehiring him if I'm the new coach.

andrew_nyGiants

I think he's doing a good job considering his limited experience and the lack of talent with which he has to play.

If we have a consistent OL configuration and a complementary WR and TE next year, this could be a scary good offense. (Yes, I acknowledge, that's a lot of "if"s)
From Simms to Eli (with an assist from Hoss) our Super Bowl Quarterbacks. Great defense and clutch QB performances...NY Giants Championship football.

I have an old profile still floating around: andrew_nyg....I am one and the same!

LennG

I haven't voted because I have a question that the answer to, would determine my how I would vote.

I really don't think much of Macadoo's offense. yes, Eli's numbers are up dramatically, but any QB's would be, in this system, not just Eli. You could take the bottom of the barrel QB's, put them in the short passing system and all of a sudden they would have good numbers.
I feel Mac's offense is just not very original. I watch games all the time. I see plays that surprise the defense and I think, why can't we run at least one similar play. Rarely do we have a play that fools the defense. We instead run right into the heart of the defense, over and over and over again. (KG #2)

Which brings me to my question

Is Macadoo running his offense regardless of the personnel and sort of blaming his lack of real talent as the reason why it isn't working as well as planned, or is he doing the best he can with the personnel he has? Explaining this a bit further. Our OL stinks, so is Mac using the best plays to fit the personnel we do have, or is he trying to fit a square peg (his offense) into the proverbial round hole? I remember Fassel always complaining that he didn't have the horses to run his offense, never really adopting 'his' offense to the players we did have. Fewell was another one who had a defense and we never really had the right personnel to run it correctly, yet he never changed it to fit who we did have. So is Mac in that category, not altering his offense at all to try and fit the real personnel we have.?

If he is doing what he can with the offense, trying to adopt it to who we have on the field, I would vote to give him another year. If he is just running his offense regardless of who is on the field, he's done.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss