News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Rate The General Manager, Player Development and Scouting Staff

Started by Ed Vette, December 27, 2015, 11:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Choose and explain with a comment

Ed Vette

The first 3 polls voted to retain each Coordinator and the HC on their own merit. Now vote for the final changes you feel need to happen for this organization.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Rambo89

Jerry Reese reminds me a lot of Omar Minaya, great talent evaluator poor administrator.  To be a good GM you need to be both.  The Giants drafts under Reese from 2004-2007 built the foundation for two championships.  Since Marc Ross took over in 2008 the Giants drafts have been awful.  As GM Reese is responsible for the performance of his staff. 

The Reese apologists will point to OBJ and to a lesser extent JPP.  The reality is two players don't make up for as many poor drafts as the Giants have had since 2008.  He hasn't exactly done well in free agency either. 

In a perfect world I'd love to put Reese back in his old position and bring in a new GM.  But that's not going to happen.  The realistic move would be to bring in a new GM, fire Ross and rebuild the scouting department.
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Gmo11

Reese has to go.  He ignored the OL until it became a deplorable nightmare.  Only when he was forced to do something about it was it done, and in doing so he neglected the gaping hole at S which is as yet still unfilled.  And don't even get me started on his hatred of LBs.  It seems he'd rather draft backup QBs and WRs than starting caliber LBs for reasons that remain unclear.  He got lucky with OBJ.  Kudos to him for that.  But this is not the guy we need picking players and filling holes.

Bye_H8er

Reese is the problem. He is the weak link. He simply misses on 80% of his picks.
Are the Mara's & Tish's that stupid that they can't identify he's incompetent?
I wonder if they're looking to fire Coughlin instead.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bye_H8er

Spagnolo won a Super Bowl in his rookie season as a defensive coordinator. I don't want him to leave. Coughlin hired him not Reese.
Eli's numbers are up behind this patchwork line so Macadoo seems like he's helping. Tom brought him over from the packers. That's why I don't want to see Coughlin go.
If Macadoo had a tight end Eli's numbers would be more impressive. This offense warrants a pass catching tight end even more so than others and quarterbacks in general benefit from having a "safety blanket" but that's asking too much of Reese in five years. Maybe Adrien Robinson will emerge (that's sarcasm).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Cid in Dupont

Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Zombo

I think entire crew should be replaced

Those who say it's a 'team' vote on picks and not all on JR are
somewhat correct...but the buck stops with him since he is final
tiebreaker

and I am not on board with Minaya comparison...Reese hit OBJ
and to a lesser degree JPP...but all his JPP of TE's crap and letting
critical positions like OL and LB go to junk tell me he's nothing
above average...below IMO...as a talent evaluator...Omar was
much better but flawed elsewhere

every time I think of Austin or Sintim or any myriad of other guys
I just shake my head and say why are we taking 5th rounders so
high?

oh well....

and here's how I know I'm getting old...messing around a message
board before 9:30 AM on NYD...Happy New Years guys!

jimv

Quote from: Zombo on January 01, 2016, 09:25:06 AM
oh well....

and here's how I know I'm getting old...messing around a message
board before 9:30 AM on NYD...Happy New Years guys!

I LOVE IT!!! =D> =D>  I AM old & fully realize how you feel.

Zombo

Quote from: jimv on January 01, 2016, 11:15:05 AM

I LOVE IT!!! =D> =D>  I AM old & fully realize how you feel.

better than the alternative  ;)

but while we're at it lets finish the NYD morning festivities...jack around the message board
until summoned by the wife to see some dopey float made out of 10 million corn flakes that
took a month to build..."oh yes that's very impressive...ugh"..back to the boards to see
who else is totally disgusted with JR...

almost as interesting as following athletes on twitter...

and I'm not really this cranky...just messing around...but it was a weird transition to no
longer feeling like sh*t on NYD mornings...

Ed Vette

~ Coach Tom Coughlin