News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Video: Giants beat 49ers in 1987 Divisional Playoff

Started by Mr. Matt, December 24, 2015, 06:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Matt

I have not watched this game since I saw it live when I was six years old. What a total domination of a very, very good team by the Giants.

Take your chance to watch legends like Carson, Banks, and Burt rough up Bill Walsh's west coast offense before they take this down for copyright issues...enjoy!

First Half:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZoG1V2sltA

Second Half:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7b9P6LDc5I
"If there are going to be endless echoes, choose the good ones." -Eli Manning

Ed Vette

I was at that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Giant Obsession

Is it hard for anyone else to watch a Giant team with real linebackers ???
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Mr. Matt

Quote from: Vette on December 24, 2015, 08:55:38 PM
I was at that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So cool Ed. I never got to see those childhood heroes in person. I finally got to the old stadium in 1996 and then saw them loose one game every season for the next five. Broke the streak when I ponied up to get tickets to the 2001 NFC Championship Game my junior year of college. What a way to break through.

Mr. Matt

Quote from: Giant Obsession on December 25, 2015, 11:23:56 PM
Is it hard for anyone else to watch a Giant team with real linebackers ???
I try not to compare.

But how about Banks in this game? Not sure I have ever seen an LB sacrifice his body that way to blow up running plays.

jimv

THANKS for putting it on, Matt!  I have it on DVD & watch every once in a while.  In the after game interview, Walsh was asked, "What would have happened if Rice didn't drop the ball and gone in for the touchdown?"  He answered, "It would've been 49 - 10."

Graet game to watch after tonight's game. :yes: