News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pick your New Head Coach

Started by Ed Vette, January 04, 2016, 07:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Name your pick of any available candidates and why you believe in this candidate. An existing HC is acceptable if it makes sense that he would become available. One post per Member and no debate. Choose your man.

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

quacker

Chuck Pagano. I heard he's available and he's been successful.

Dsoffer

Hmmm.....

Probably will get ridiculed but I'm going with McAdoo. I really believe in this offense, I think he is an incredibly talented young coach and I take the chance rolling him with Eli. Worst case in 3 years, he and Eli go together and we start over, best case we have a great offense for years but he must find himself one hell of a D coordinator and that worries me but like I said I roll with it and see what happens since either way in 3 years there will be some drop off when Eli gets close to 40.

babywhales

I want mcDermott - A younger DC, who came up the scouting ranks.

Unless Dave Gentlemen gives a glowing recommendation I do not think they would hire him though.

"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

vstaj(grizz)

Yep,  I agree...almost has to be Mac...

Eli on Francesca....he wants to stay in this offense , he wants Mac.   

You can't bring in a head coach and stick him with someone else's coordinators , so I really don't see what choice they have.   

BlueMoshik

Get David Shaw in here. Failing that, Hue Jackson. He reminds me of Arians.

But I'm willing to bet top money that they will go with McAdoo. Can't wait for the reactions on this board to that one.

Rambo89

Sean Payton

The only decent option available
"The Giants will never win a championship with Saquon Barkley" 4/26/18

katkavage

The Carolina D coordinator or David Shaw. A new direction with no ties to the Giants, please.

T200

1st choice: Sean Payton
Sean's been around the block and is a no-nonsense coach. He can get the most out of this offense and is familiar with NY Giants football. If he can land a solid defensive coordinator, we should be good.

2nd choice: Josh McDaniels
He's had his chance in Denver and it didn't fare very well. I believe he's learned a lot from Little Bill from their years together and there doesn't seem to be any animosity as he's on his second stint under BB in NE. Although he has no ties to the Giants, Bill does. And bringing a little bit of the Patriots way to NY isn't a bad thing from my perspective. I would think he's learned from his Denver days and would presumably do things differently if he had another chance at HC.
:dance: :Giants:  ALL HAIL THE NEW YORK GIANTS!!!  :Giants: :dance:

Suburbanites II

I've been championing McDermott for two months, he'll be our Mike Tomlin right down to the William and Mary pedigree.

BlueMoshik

Is TC available? If so, TC.

Ed Vette

The instructions were pretty simple. Pick your HC. No debate or editorial or breaking someone's chops for their pick.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Cid in Dupont

The 2 Mc's...McDaniels or McAdoo.

Change the strength & conditioning coach, let Reese do the talent evals, and keep spags.

If we hire McD, then keep McA as OC.

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

TXGiant

My pick would be Payton, hands down.

bamagiantfan

I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)