News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Pick your New Head Coach

Started by Ed Vette, January 04, 2016, 07:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob In PA

Quote from: Mikey Ravioli on January 06, 2016, 04:38:33 PM
Bill Belichick

not joking

Mikey:  If Brady were to announce his retirement after they get knocked out of the playoffs, it becomes a possibility, IMO, but I don't think he's ready to hang up his cleats yet.  One or two more years, IMO. 

Bob

PS. A tip-of-the-hat for thinking outside the box (and for courage. . . LOL).

PPS.  Mikey, just found this . . . so there are at least THREE of us loons   =)) . . . . . .  http://ferrall.radio.cbssports.com/2016/01/06/why-bill-belichick-might-actually-want-new-york-giants-job/
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

MightyGiants

Honestly none of the names being associated with the Giants really excites me.  Of all the guys I have looked at (I tend to research these guys) the only one that seems to have a resume that makes me think he could be successful is Lovie Smith, so that's my answer.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

So far we know that the short-list contains.....

Ben McAdoo
Steve Spagnuolo
Adam Gase
Doug Marrone
Sean McDermott
Terryl Austin

It may have contained Sean Peyton but he's no longer in consideration

No 'big names' on that short-list as yet but no one who has failed dismally as a HC besides Spagnuolo (courtesy interview).

Even balance of OC's and DC's

Chris

Lovie Smith,

Second choice Doug Marrone.

Dream choice Bill Belichick.

Ed Vette

So far with 2 or more votes and first choice of multiple votes.

McDermott- 6 Votes
Spagnuolo- 4 Votes

3 Votes
McAdoo
Shaw
McDaniels
Marrone

2 Votes
Saban
Gruden
Lovey Smith
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

Quote from: Vette on January 07, 2016, 03:09:25 PM
So far with 2 or more votes and first choice of multiple votes.

McDermott- 6 Votes
Spagnuolo- 4 Votes

3 Votes
McAdoo
Shaw
McDaniels
Marrone

2 Votes
Saban
Gruden

Ed,

I believe Lovie Smith has at least 2
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

joeyfootball

no one stated david and mike shula or kyle shanahan.

Ed Vette

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

spiderblue43

I wouldn't have a problem with Lovie at all. But I think McDermott more so. Shaw and Saban really have great situations-why leave? McDaniels seems a stretch to me with Eli so enamored with McAdoo and the team needing a presence, a gravitas too. Lovie has that kind of respect with players, although he chose badly with the Glazers.

EDjohnst1981

I wanna see Jim Schwartz involved somewhere and if Marrone is the HC I think JS is the DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MP21WAYS2PAY

Quote from: MightyGiants on January 07, 2016, 07:53:22 AM
Honestly none of the names being buttociated with the Giants really excites me.

Interesting, yet appropriate, word choice.

Ed Vette

Quote from: MP21WAYS2PAY on January 07, 2016, 04:29:08 PM
Interesting, yet appropriate, word choice.

I just adjusted the system censor for the letters ass as it is in many words. lol
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

BlueMoshik

Quote from: Vette on January 07, 2016, 04:38:02 PM
I just adjusted the system censor for the letters ass as it is in many words. lol

I kind of like it. I vote to keep it. Maybe a new poll?

LennG

I;m changing my vote

Lovie Smith
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

katkavage

Lovie Smith is up there. Much more appealing than the safe from a Giants' standpoint but risky from a long term look, of McAdoo. Talk about overrated.