News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dave of nflscouting's Draft Reports

Started by nflscouting, April 07, 2016, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflscouting

The big boys are getting lots of attention from Big Blue fans. I wrote up the scouting analysis on Tunsil, Stanley, Decker, Conklin & Spriggs that you can see below. Tunsil is likely heading to Tennessee, but I am not drinking the "Kool Aid" when it comes to Stanley. They talk about his meltdown vs. Lawson in the Clemson game, but he had so many flags thrown at him in the Georgia Tech clash, you thought he was Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory (Fun With Flags). Decker, to me, was a better fit on the right side. I think they Buckeyes unimaginative offense was the result of their poor play last year, but he seems to work better when not on an island. Ah, Conklin, that kid eats glass, folks. Certainly not pretty, but he gets the job done. The thing is, he's a mauler & not one who will finesse you to death. I'm puzzled by folks saying Spriggs needs to improve his strength. Just one OL guy did better than him in the bench at Indy. Well, I will let you folks decide what your "tackle of choice" should be;
TUNSIL;
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/13490381/the-nfl-draft-report-s--everything-but-the-kitchen-sink-on-ole-miss--laremy-tunsil---looking-to-become-the-fourth-offensive-tackle-selected-first-overall-since-the-league-merger.html
STANLEY;
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/15274327/the-nfl-draft-report-s--cream-of-the-crop--series---notre-dame-s-ronnie-stanley-hopes-to-follow-former-irish-star-zach-martin-s-path-to-nfl-success.html
DECKER
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/15210139/the-nfl-draft-report---s----cream-of-the-crop----series---everything-you-wanted-to-know-about-ohio-state-offensive-tackle-taylor-decker---the-military-family-man-awaits-his-nfl-marching-orders-on-draft-day.html
CONKLIN;
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/15326148/the-nfl-draft-report-s--cream-of-the-crop--series--from-walk-on-to-possible-first-round-pick---the-long-journey-taken-by-michigan-state-offensive-tackle-jack-conklin.html
SPRIGGS;
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/15390798/the-nfl-draft-report-s--catch-a-rising-star--series---indiana-s-jason-spriggs-continues-to-skyrocket-up-nfl-draft-boards.html

Tomeee

Welcome I hope you add to the great discussion here.

I just hope you actually contribute to the discussion rather than plug a website.

Awful lot of posts with links.

Cid in Dupont

Scouting...welcome aboard!  =D> =D> =D>

I was wondering if you had anything on Jerald Hawkins out of LSU.  I'm thinking he'll be there in round 3 & he could probably compete for the starting RT position.  Again welcome & looking forward to your contribution, comments, suggestions and analysis in the future.

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

nflscouting

NOTE FROM DAVE-TE...Check out the Keanu Neal report on this article. This could be a major find for Big Blue, if he slips past Carolina and into Round Two
THE 2016 NFL DRAFT REPORT FINAL FREE SAFETY RATINGS
The NFL Draft Report's "By the Numbers" Series - Final Ratings on the 2016 Draft Free Safety Class
This article features our final ratings on the 2016 Draft

nflscouting

Tomeee-Dave Te here. I PROMISE to contribute. Just look at the size of the reports & you will see it is impossible to post all that info into a forum blip- besides, I'm a computer dummy & the ratings charts all get out of whack. Bear with me this month & I promise to be a good guy, cool?

Suburbanites II

Welcome Dave I'm sure you'll delivery quality, at the same time I like that Tommee's got our back he's troll patrol so keep it real.

nflscouting

SID IN DUPONT-Will send you Hawkins a week from Monday. My staff & I are wrapping up 2016 spring drills in the SEC before they close this coming week, but NO problem. Really like the kid & while most say Round 3, that is a great place to take him. Will also have reports on 2 other lesser knowns my scouts like - Benenoch at UCLA & the Richter kid at Richmond. The Spiders have a nice sleeper for Day 3

MightyGiants

Great write ups, I like how you really get into the history of the man and the player.

Do you have a read on potential 2nd and 3rd round OT prospects the Giants could draft?
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

MP21WAYS2PAY

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 09, 2016, 08:39:00 AM
Great write ups, I like how you really get into the history of the man and the player.

Do you have a read on potential 2nd and 3rd round OT prospects the Giants could draft?

I would be particularly interested in your assessment of Joe Haeg, North Dakota State. 

MightyGiants

In an ideal world I could see the Giants drafting a proper FS in rounds 2 or 3.   There seems to be talent lining up in that direction and I often see Fuller being mocked to the Giants
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

nflscouting

Fuller would be a nice fit, but a few teams passed on his medicals, as he's dealt with leg issues the last two years. If Carolina passes on Keanue Neal, imagine him crashing into receivers in the Big Blue secondary!

nflscouting

THE 2016 NFL DRAFT REPORT FINAL STRONG SAFETY RATINGS
The NFL Draft Report's "By the Numbers" Series - Final Ratings on the 2016 Draft Strong Safety Class
This article features our final ratings on the 2016 Draft

MightyGiants

While I see a need for the team to draft a true free safety, I don't see a need for the team to draft a strong safety as nearly every safety currently on the Giants roster are more natural strong safeties than free safeties.  Plus as the game evolves I see a less and less of a need for true strong safety types.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

todge

Quote from: MightyGiants on April 09, 2016, 08:39:00 AM

Would indeed like to know your thoughts on Ifedi, Hawkins, Clark and Coleman. All look like solid 2nd Rounders.

nflscouting

mighty Giants-if you see the recent trend, quite a few teams are using interchangeable safety types. While not ideal FS guys, several are listed on the strong safety report as being capable of sliding over there. My preference in Round Two is obviously Keanu Neal, if there, as he's a linebacker trapped in a safety's body. One guy not getting much love is the Iowa kid, Lomax, as I think he can be a really nice Day 3/4 guy due to his hands, range and ability to contribute on special teams. One other free safety getting lots of goo-goo eyes out of Jersey is Green at Clemson - I say he's long gone before Kearse hears his name called.