News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Dave of nflscouting's Draft Reports

Started by nflscouting, April 07, 2016, 04:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nflscouting

HEY GUYS-JUST GOT SOME GOOD WIFI IN MISSISSIPPI (at Mississippi State) a few things on Lee. COGIANTS-He worked out last week at 242,so the draft experts need to check him out again. Do NOT worry about his weight - it starts with Derrick Brooks, who gave way to Lavante David. Look at Ryan Shaziere, Kwon Alexander & Deone Buccanan last year. Lee is better than all & I say he equals Brooks by the time he's done. Search the Mike Mayock/Charles Jackson tapes when they broadcast Lee's game. They were having a bromance-simply put, he's a playmaker
MIGHTGIANTS-no-Lee is better, but Jack is better as a MLB target. I prefer Lee as a Will in a 4-3, or like Shazier in a 3-4, but feel Jack's best spot is in the middle of a 4-3. He's highly instinctive. I'm an old timer, but that kid in the middle has crazy Mike Curtis ability. Remember, we are grading certain guys at alternate spots, but if you notice, they do not really carry the same #s at each position.
NOTE-getting back to the complex on Monday. Big, big defensive tackle report with a ton of scouting reports later that day. All OL guys (C, T, G) are getting their due this week, also. My old timers finally got through the tapes. I like using a few former scouts to get their analysis & film view notes, as we all grade differently. I'm also going to do a little "school work" to explain my stats breakdown on OL guys.

nflscouting

THE OFFENSIVE CENTER RATINGS AND ANALYSIS
THE NFL DRAFT REPORT

nflscouting

Hey folks, Dave-Te here. I had a computer issue that kept me from posting, but I hope you will enjoy these reports. It is our official reports on all of the Giants draft choices. Pay close attention to the comparison charts included for Apple & Shepard. Hopefully, the Apple chart will quiet some of those angry over the selection. As a PS, 24 teams had Elie #2 at CB behind Ramsey on their draft boards? Just look at the targets/catches & run support numbers of the others, especially the guys with the IIIs after their names. As for Sterling, I about jumped out of my pants at that selection. As a scout, you try not to have favorites, but sorry folks, this kid is one of mine.
INTRODUCING THE NEW YORK GIANTS

nflscouting

Hey folks, I am also releasing the reports on the Round One guys. You can get to the directory with this link;
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/16893386/the-nfl-draft-report-s---an-extensive-study-of-the-2016-draft-first-round-class.html

It will take you to the links for each player - note - these are much more extensive than the previous analysis reports, as there were certain items the league requested that I did not give "too much info" on until after the draft

MightyGiants

Quote from: nflscouting on May 03, 2016, 10:52:39 AM
Hey folks, I am also releasing the reports on the Round One guys. You can get to the directory with this link;
http://nfldraftreport.sportsblog.com/posts/16893386/the-nfl-draft-report-s---an-extensive-study-of-the-2016-draft-first-round-class.html

It will take you to the links for each player - note - these are much more extensive than the previous analysis reports, as there were certain items the league requested that I did not give "too much info" on until after the draft

Dave,

If I could make a suggestion you might want to make those links to the reports hyperlinks so people can just click on them rather than having to cut and past them in their browser's address bar.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Uni

Thanks for the coverage Dave. I admit I didn't do any homework for the draft, so your write-ups are great for catching up.

One thing that sticks with me regarding Apple vs Hargreaves is the difference in run support. Amukamara had his faults (although the biggest sin was not being able to stay on the field) but he was good in run support, and if Hargreaves has a Deion Sander's like allergy to contact, that would immediately disqualify him from consideration.

nflscouting

The same held true for Jackson III - both he & Hargreaves seemed to be "allergic" when it came to run support. That is one thing that Giants fans will see in Apple - he has no fear coming up to give chase in run force. I know the team is looking for a slot corner, but at the least, he can fill that role to start. Often at OSU, it was him & Bell playing safety when they went 5 DBs

AZGiantFan

Quote from: nflscouting on May 04, 2016, 07:16:34 AM
The same held true for Jackson III - both he & Hargreaves seemed to be "allergic" when it came to run support. That is one thing that Giants fans will see in Apple - he has no fear coming up to give chase in run force. I know the team is looking for a slot corner, but at the least, he can fill that role to start. Often at OSU, it was him & Bell playing safety when they went 5 DBs

What do you think of the notion of having Apple being the 3rd corner but moving him outside and sliding DRC into the slot on the nickel package?
I'd rather be a disappointed optimist than a vindicated pessimist. 

Not slowing my roll

nflscouting

While the idea of moving the aging vet inside, if you look at Ohio State film, when the Buckeyes went to 5/6-DB sets, it was first Apple & Doran Grant playing the safety slots, with Apple covering the deep zone in 2014. Last year, Vonn Bell replaced Grant in those situations. On 25 passes targeted to Apple playing the slot, just three were completed for an 8.66-yard average.
One thing I like about Apple is that "he takes mental notes." Watch him on the field. Sometimes, it looks like he is talking to himself. He has this thing for being precise & don't take him to Atlantic City, as he won't gamble. He is more of a boundary type & I love his ability to come in the box in run force. Remember though, this is a sophomore, but unlike Prince A, you won't see him make the same mistakes twice

MightyGiants

Dave and Rick

Another alternative is to play Jenkins in the slot and let Eli play his more natural RCB position, when they go to the 3 CB package
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE