News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Joe Girardi -- a truly idiotic statement

Started by Giant Obsession, April 27, 2016, 09:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant Obsession

First off...no I can not stand this guy as a manager.  Overloyal to declining vets, terrible lineup placements, destroyer of bullpen arms, but I digress.

Today he makes the statement that if he were commissioner he would outlaw defensive shifts.

WHAT ????  :doh:

Hey Joe, why not teach, demand, and in general manage your team to counterattack these shifts.

Bunts (the regular kind)....bunts to vacated areas....hit the other way (I.E.  Tex, Arod et al), stolen bases.

Just manage the game Joe, don't change it, you ain't that smart.

Oh, and by the way, when Ellsbury is hurt or out of the lineup (usually 50 to 60 games), play Gardner in center and Hicks in left field.  That way Gardner is not reaching across his body for the gap shots that seem to get launched out there more and more frequently.

And c'mon Joe..C.C. Sabathia...if he was a horse he would have been put down 2 years ago.

And don't even get me started on Chase Headley.
Mike

January 11, 2022  -- The Head Bozo of this Clown Show has spoken.  Five more years of darkness.  The Dark Ages Part 2 continue.

January 4, 2016  -- Dark Ages part 2 is born.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon