News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

UKGiantsFan Draft Previews (Consolidated)

Started by Ed Vette, May 01, 2016, 11:39:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Tackles

The talent available
There is a clear top 3 talent available this year, another in my top 10 overall (who I like at LT but not at RT), on in my top 15, two in the top 31, one top 40 and then a handful between my top 75 and top 100. This year in particular I think teams will have totally different grades on everyone but the top guy based on whether their needs are at LT or RT and what scheme they run Last year I argued on Twitter with NFL.com
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Free Safety

The Giants recently came out and insinuated that they wanted one of Nat Berhe, Mykkele Thompson and Bennett Jackson to step forward and lay claim to the FS position. All missed last year with injuries suffered before the season even began but all are expected healthy this season. I like Berhe
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Wide Receivers

The talent available
No one is going to confuse this WR draft class with that of 2014 in terms of the number of top end prospects or overall depth. However, that doesn
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Defensive Ends

What do I think the Giants should do?
In Vernon and Pierre-Paul the Giants have their starters for 2016 but it should be recognized that JPP is only on a one year
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Linebackers

Simply put the Giants don
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Cornerbacks

Having just splashed a considerable amount of cash on Janoris Jenkins and with Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie approaching his 30
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Other Offensive Positions

Running Back
1. Ezekiel Elliott, Ohio State (top 10)
2. Derrick Henry, Alabama (top 63)
3. Kenneth Dixon, Louisiana Tech (Top 63)
4. Devontae Booker, Utah (Top 75)
5. Paul Perkins (Top 100)
6. CJ Prosise, Notre Dame (Top 100)
7. Jonathon Williams, Arkansas (4th round)
8. Alex Collins, Arkansas (4th round)
9. Jordan Howard, Indiana (4th round)

Best Fit
Whether you like it or not, Elliott - the 225lb back with 4.47 speed and back-to-back 1800 yard seasons at 6.5 ypc- IS one of the top ten best players in this draft. All the crapola about whether he is as good as Gurley or Peterson is immaterial. He
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

Other Defensive Positions

Defensive Tackle
1. Sheldon Rankins, Louisville (Top 10)
2. Robert Nkemdiche, Mississippi (Top 20)
3. Vernon Butler, Louisiana Tech (Top 25)
4. Jarran Reed, Alabama (Top 25)
5. A
~ Coach Tom Coughlin