News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: 2016 Triple Crown- Pick 3

Started by Ed Vette, May 05, 2016, 08:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Ok, BBH Members. Just a friendly competition. Pick the order of the Top three horses, Win, Place and Show. Suggestion is to pick them the day of the race before 12 PM EST. 12 PM EST the day of the Race is the Cutoff for all entries.  If your horse is scratched after 12 pm you will not lose any points for that pick. Only the first 20 Entries Qualify for each Race in the order they are posted.

50 points for the winner, 30 points for the Place and 20 for the show. However, if you lose the Place Horse you lose 30 points. If you lose the Show, you lose 20 points. Win, Place and Show can not be the same horse. You only get position credit points. Meaning, you can't pick the same horse to win, place and show and you won't get double credit on a place or show hit. Example, if you picked a horse to Place and the horse won the race, you get credit for the Place pick only, not both. 

Win: You bet on a horse to finish first.

Place: Your horse must finish first or second.

Show: Your horse must finish first, second or third.

You must pick three horses to be eligible. Points carry over to the following Race.

Then we will do the same for the Preakness and the Belmont Stakes. The point system will be the same but in order to qualify for the next race you must have at least a Show Winner in the previous Race. As you can see some strategy is involved here as to when you will post your entries because if you're late you may not qualify and whether you choose to continue on the second or third race.

We will declare a winner of each Contest and a winner for the combined Triple Race Competition. 

https://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses

Here is an example:

Terrymeisner    Derby- Win and Show= 70 minus 30 place loss= 40 points
Terrymeisner    Preakness- Place and Show= 50 points 
Terrymeisner    Belmont- Win= 50 minus 50= 0
Terrymeisner    Total Points= 90 points

Dasher             Derby- Place and Show= 50 points
Dasher             Preakness- Show= 20 minus 30= -10
Dasher             Belmont- Place= 30 minus 20= 10
Dasher             Total Points= 50 points

Vette                Derby- Win, Place and Show= 100 Points
Vette                Preakness- no entry= 0 points
Vette                Belmont- Disqualified
Vette                Total Points= 100

ELCHALJE         Derby- Place and show= 50 points
ELCHALJE         Preakness- Place= 30 minus 20= 10
ELCHALJE         Belmont- Place and Show= 50 points
ELCHALJE         Total Points- 110

MightyGiants     Derby- Win 50 (Only picked one horse) Disqualified

In the Case of a tie of total points, the Member with the most first place winners is the tie breaker, the second tie breaker is the Member with the most combined Win, Place and Show Hits.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

I wanted to make sure our Cafe Press site was still up and running and it appears it is. Kevin (RemembersHuff) added a couple of Ball Cap Items for us just now. So...the winner get his or her choice of any one of the BBH items. Final decisions will be made by the Moderators in a vote and I will be a tie breaker. I will not be entering the contest for ethics reasons.

http://www.cafepress.com/bigbluehuddle
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

terrymeisner

i haven't finished going over the charts thus far....this is a wide open derby and we could see some huge payouts

nyquist will be the fave but i'm not sure he can go the distance....go Giants!!!!!

ps....i also think you should put picks in....this is a hard race to handicap

Ed Vette

Thanks, Terry. If I don't get enough members interested, I'm going to pull this. Maybe people think they don't know enough about horses but it's easy. Just look at the odds and pick a first, second and third place horse.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

babywhales

I' ll get this going:

Winner #13 Nyquist

Place #11 Exaggerator

Show #14 Mohaymen
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

nygnts4ever

OK - I'll go out on a limb....

Winner - #11 Exaggerator

Place - #2 Suddenbreakingnews

Show - #13 Nyquist
Kevin Karcher

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

Cid in Dupont

Win - Brody's Cause
Place - Nyquist
Show - Exaggerator

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

todge

Suddenbreakingnews
Mo Tom
Brody's Cause

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalklplpp
Mlllpppl

Ed Vette

My picks are just for fun and don't count.

Creator
My Man Sam
Exaggerator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

terrymeisner

the two TOM horses in the field Mo Tom and Toms Ready are owned by Tom Benson , the owner of the NO Saints....while they are both nice horses, they don't belong here....go Giants!!!!!

terrymeisner

My Man Sam

Ed....now that is a hunch bet if i ever saw one.....go Giants!!!!!

Ed Vette

Clarification of the rules. If you pick a horse to Show and that horse came in first, second or third you get Show credit. You do not get Win credit unless you picked that horse to win. All three picks must be different horses.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Ed Vette

All picks and changes have to be in by Noon today and I'll be locking the thread shortly thereafter. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

My picks:

1- Win: Gun Runner
2- Place: Exaggerator
3- Show: Nyquist

The joke I told yesterday was so funny that,
apparently, HR wants to hear it tomorrow  :laugh:

terrymeisner

I'll probably change my mind again before the race but  i have to go out so here goes......

1. Mor Spirit
2. Creator
3. Nyquist