News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

NFT: 2016 Triple Crown- Pick 3

Started by Ed Vette, May 05, 2016, 08:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

So here is the Breakdown for this First Leg of the Triple Crown. Congratulations to Chris (BabyWhales) who called the Win and Place Horses in Order!

Whales= 50+30-20= 60
Cid= 30+20= 50
Jolly= 30+20= 50
4Ever= -30+20= -10
Terry= -30+20= -10
Vette= -30+20= -10
Todge= -30+ -20= -50

Hang in there you players in the negative column. A good showing in the Preakness can put you right in this again.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

Quote from: Vette on May 08, 2016, 08:51:59 AM
So here is the Breakdown for this First Leg of the Triple Crown. Congratulations to Chris (BabyWhales) who called the Win and Place Horses in Order!

Whales= 50+30-20= 60
Cid= 30+20= 50
Jolly= 30+20= 50
4Ever= -30+20= -10
Terry= -30+20= -10
Vette= -30+20= -10
Todge= -30+ -20= -50

Hang in there you players in the negative column. A good showing in the Preakness can put you right in this again.

I accidentally listed my horses in backward order. I submitted Gun Runner, Exaggerator, and Nyquist in that order and meant it the other way around...lol  :what:
I always knew I'd get old. How fast
it happened is a surprise, though  :crazy:

terrymeisner

what a great ride Nyquist got from his jockey....i had doubts about him getting the distance but he handled the distance well.....go Giants!!!!!

Ed Vette

Quote from: Jolly Blue Giant on May 08, 2016, 09:24:22 AM
I accidentally listed my horses in backward order. I submitted Gun Runner, Exaggerator, and Nyquist in that order and meant it the other way around...lol  :what:

You should have boxed it. Or did I forget to mention that? ;)
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Cid in Dupont

Terry, that was why I couldn't put him in the win.  I didn't think he could handle the distance.  I won't make that mistake again.

Can't wait for the next 2 legs.

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

babywhales

When is the next race?

When is the field set?
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

terrymeisner

the Preakess goes on May 21.....a maximum field of 14 horses to go 1 3/16 miles

the field isn't finalized yet but a lot of the derby horses are going to try again by the looks of the early entry list

terrymeisner

the Preakness field is now set with 11 horses going to post.....Nyquist on top of Exaggerator looks like the bet .....go Giants!!!!!

http://www.horse-races.net/library/preak16-entries.htm

nygnts4ever

And....they're off....

Win - Exaggerator
Place - Stradivari
Show - Nyquist
Kevin Karcher

"If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants."

Isaac Newton

babywhales

Win : Nyquist
Place : Stradivari
Show : Exaggerator
"The biggest problem with communication is the illusion that it has been accomplished."– G.B.S

Ed Vette

Win- Nyquist
Place- Stradivari
Show- Uncle Lino

~ Coach Tom Coughlin

terrymeisner

Stradivari is a nice horse but he is taking a HUGE jump in class.....his highest level of racing is a $62K allowance race and he is moving up to a Grade 1 stakes.....in baseball terms that would be like moving up to the majors from A ball

Ed Vette

Still waiting for 4 other picks by noon today. Anyone can put their picks in but only the members who put in their Derby picks qualify for the Triple Crown Contest. 
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Cid in Dupont

1st - Nyquist
2nd - Exaggerator
3rd - Stradivari

Pure chalk...I know, but I didn't like any of the other horses.  I don't even like Stradivari that much, but nothing else looked good to me.

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

terrymeisner

it's raining in Baltimore today but I'm not sure it will rain enough to make the track muddy....if it is muddy , it will help Exaggerator

1. Nyquist
2. Exaggerator
3. Collected