Author Topic: NGT- NY RANGERS 2016-2017 SEASON  (Read 15547 times)

Giant Obsession

• BBH Historian
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 148
  • Almost................
    • View Profile
Re: NGT- NY RANGERS 2016-2017 SEASON
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2016, 03:22:04 PM »
I follow a lad on Twitter who is so excited by Kovacs. Judging by what he says, he thinks he'll stick at the AHL level and break through next year.

Re: Dylan, it's a strange one. To my untrained eye he seemed much better than he's previous stint with the big club. Can only imagine him he's a spare part again this year.

It'll be interesting to see how the D shapes up this year. Surely G cannot be as bad again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed,

From where I have watched Girardi has been going downhill since the Cup Finals in AV's first year.  it has just a been a long slow downhill slide from "liability" to "deplorable".   He has been a good Ranger.  Sold out his body in Torts' system and I am afraid that is what took it out of him.  Whatever the reason, I will cringe every time I see him on ice next year if Gorton can not bamboozle someone.
Mike

Great moments are born from Great opportunities.

Enjoy every sandwich -- Warren Zevon

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 197
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2016, 04:10:54 PM »
Ed, had McIlrath been given more minutes last year, he would be that much better of a player heading into this year. AV giving all those minutes to Dan Boyle and Girardi simply because they were well-paid Vetrans is ludicrous. Boyle was a long in the tooth lame duck, & Girardi was just plain awful.
Only when AV was forced to play the Brady Skjei, did he. And look at the results, the kid was terrific vs. the eventual Stanley Cup winner. Mac is the stay at home D that keeps the other Team honest. I totally believe that Skjei & Mac should be our 2nd pair D this season. =D>

Staal if need be, can still be a serviceable 3rd pair D. But Girardi, he should be a healthy scratch. Staal & Girardi thanks to Slats, cost us 11 Mil per with a NTC to boot. ~X(

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 43
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2016, 01:55:18 PM »
Brassard and a 7th gone to Sens for Zibanejad and 2nd.

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2016, 03:20:56 PM »
Just noodled this trade out. I like it. I'll miss Brassard, he is a character and he can score, but his game is limited. With this trade we get younger, bigger, faster and less expensive at Center.  plus the second round pick really makes this a no-brainer methinks.

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2016, 03:28:24 PM »
Just noodled this trade out. I like it. I'll miss Brassard, he is a character and he can score, but his game is limited. With this trade we get younger, bigger, faster and less expensive at Center.  plus the second round pick really makes this a no-brainer methinks.

My instant analysis is exactly the same, my friend.

Brass was big time in the playoffs but this makes sense on all levels.

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2016, 04:11:48 PM »
So....

With the cap space are we signing CK or Hayes long term (maybe both?) or loading up with Shattenkirk?

If it's the latter, and if it's possible, I love this trade.

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2016, 05:35:48 PM »
Good article over on SNY blog about GM Jeff Gorton. He explains the trade, it's pretty much black and white what happened. But he really tries to prop up Girardi, and goes on to say well I didn't think seriously about a buyout, and we expect Girardi to play better  this year blah blah blah. Anybody that saw Girardi play last year, knows he is shot. and we're stuck with an albatross around their neck in the form of his contract. Looks like only a hugely one-sided trade could move him. Plus his NTC for gums up the works as well. ~X(

Read an article that infaticaly stated it's time to fish or cut bait with Krides. Meaning, a one-year Bridge deal is fruitless. Either sign him to a five-year deal, or trade him. The trade makes sense because he's at his Peak value. If you buy into his upside then you're on board with 5 million per, I'm not. He's a one-trick pony and he doesn't bury anywhere near enough chances to make himself  palatable with his shortcomings.
Something like a second and third-round pick(s) with a young sizable top six player with upside works for me.

Also read that if MacIlrath doesn't play 42 games next season, he automatically  becomes a RFA. The writer stated that since AV doesn't have faith in him, it's likely he'll be traded this summer. I think this is a huge mistake, and he's exactly the kind of player we need to keep on our Roster.
As for Hayes,  He's an underachiever that I've grown impatient with. If somebody gives us disproportionate value in return, I'd move him in a heartbeat.

My two cents...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:11:01 PM by Jaime »

Section 101 Steve

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 79
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2016, 07:02:11 PM »
Good trade for the rangers.  Kreids is 25 and has what rangers need: size, speed, plays with an edge and scoring ability. Is not going anywhere and 5 yr contract to be announced shortly. Imo AV will be gone before the rangers move Dylan.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:04:16 PM by Section 101 Steve »
sm

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2016, 08:23:24 PM »
AV gone before Big Mac?
Oh be still my heart...  :boldblue:

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2016, 09:02:02 PM »
Ha! Just read an article on Blueshirt Banter Blog by Joe Fortunato. He explained how we got that second round pick in the Brassard trade. I gotta admit, us getting a second round pick didn't make much sense to me? Our crafty GM Jeff Gorton agreed to pay the two million dollar bonus due on Brassard salary after July 15th. Gorton agreed to do so in return for a second round pick. Apparently, the Senators felt terrific about stalling the deal until after July 15th, when Brassard's bonus came due. Gorton agreed to pay the bonus providing Ottawa Kicked IN A 2ND Rd. Pick. Given that Ottawa will likely be lousy next year, that should provide us with a second round pick somewhere between the 40th and 45th overall pick. Hot dam!  ;)

Section 101 Steve

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2016, 11:12:37 PM »
I feel another trade coming involving one or two of the following: nash, Zucc or klein
sm

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2016, 07:52:25 AM »
I thought this Krieder deal would be done yesterday, looking at the arbitration numbers, they seem manageable.

I can't shake this feeling they are going to shop him. I don't agree with that move but then I question is he ever going to be a 60+ point a season man? Interesting couple of days ahead, I think.

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »
Ed, I just don't know here? Are you good with five years @ 5 million /? I mean if we can realize a trade with significant upside, it makes it difficult for me to commit to long-term with Krides. But the question remains, is there such a trade available?

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2016, 04:57:25 PM »
Ed, I just don't know here? Are you good with five years @ 5 million /? I mean if we can realize a trade with significant upside, it makes it difficult for me to commit to long-term with Krides. But the question remains, is there such a trade available?

I'd be much happier with it between 4-4.5mil. I like Krieds but he has to figure it. With Nash leaving either this year or next it's incumbent on CK to be the power forward this team needs. Not to stagnate between 40-45 pts.

I think there's something in pipeline with Shattenkirk. I don't know what will swing it but I do hope Kreider isn't involved. I really like Nash but I'd rather he was packaged up (along with that $7.8 cap hit).

Section 101 Steve

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2016, 08:08:35 PM »
Doubt the rangers get kreids to sign for 5 years giving up 3 yrs of free agency for less than 5 to 5.25 a year which I'm fine with. Last time kreids signed an hour before arbitration hearing and I suspect timetable will be in that time period probably this time also
sm