Author Topic: NGT- NY RANGERS 2016-2017 SEASON  (Read 9409 times)

coggs

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 115
    • View Profile
Re: NGT- NY RANGERS 2016-2017 SEASON
« Reply #405 on: March 19, 2017, 01:33:28 PM »
Really pissing me off with their play at home.  Not just the losses, but to whom they have lost. With a road record of 26-9-0, you should not be thinking they are better off with the 1st wild card then being top-3 in your division.  Home losses to Detroit, Florida twice, Vancouver, shutout by Ottawa and Philadelphia, Toronto, D*ll*s, Tampa, and Buffalo.  I get they are going to lose a few of those, but can't lose 10 games at home to teams this bad.

Messiah717

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 201
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: March 19, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »
Really pissing me off with their play at home.  Not just the losses, but to whom they have lost. With a road record of 26-9-0, you should not be thinking they are better off with the 1st wild card then being top-3 in your division.  Home losses to Detroit, Florida twice, Vancouver, shutout by Ottawa and Philadelphia, Toronto, D*ll*s, Tampa, and Buffalo.  I get they are going to lose a few of those, but can't lose 10 games at home to teams this bad.

With how the NHL sets up the playoffs they're without a doubt better in the 1st wildcard spot.  I'd rather play in the Atlantic bracket then get one of the top three Met teams in the first and then possibly second round.

files58

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 86
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: March 19, 2017, 11:34:29 PM »
If the Rangers remain the 1st wildcard(it certainly does look that way) they would be seeded in the Atlantic Division through rounds 1 and 2(if they win rd.1). If the Rangers beat Montreal, they play the winner of Ottawa-Boston. Getting to the conference final would mean 2 out of 3 of Wash., Pitts, and Columbus would be knocked out provided the 2nd wild card doesn't upset. Certainly on paper an easier road.

Zombo

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 20, 2017, 07:41:38 AM »
I have been laying low on 2017 NYR prospects here...although I read the posts and a lot
of us go way back here...

I can't get a feel for this team...they can make the run of a couple of years ago or lose
in 1st....and neither would shock me..the poor play at home is just odd...

I don't chase 'easier' paths but since it looks set will take it...all I know is Price will
be ultra tough and the NYR will need a full squad to move on...health becomes huge this
time of year so fingers crossed there..

Hoping for some time in the tourney...lately I kinda fade after my team out and seeing any
of Wask/Pitt/CBJ celebrating will make me want to puke...especially Pitt...again...so hope I
have a lot of hockey left this year...

files58

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 20, 2017, 02:26:45 PM »
I have a suspicion that the Rangers are staying just sharp enough for the playoffs. For me it's always been about forecheck pressure. I noticed starting a couple of weeks ago that they have stepped up that aspect of their game. As if they are practicing it and implementing some. A few things concern me. Extended time in their own end, little mistakes with the puck that has led to chances against, they miss the net too often, gotta cash in with opportunities, Stepan not scoring, he is getting chances though.

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 23, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »
This home skid is becoming a little annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ViewFromSection129

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 23, 2017, 04:22:15 PM »
  So, is the "energy" from Tanner Glass still helping win games?   /sarcasm/

Unless Buchnevich is hurt, that he is sitting for that slug tells you everything you need to know.  AV just can't help playing with his favorite toys (Glass, Girardi).

Rangers are much better off losing these games and ending up fourth, IF AV gets his head out of his ass and sends Glass back to the AHL and puts Girardi on the third pairing.  Otherwise, I am not sure anything will matter.

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 197
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:11 PM »
Poor coaching and poor leadership is allowing this team to sag on a regular basis.
I don't buy into this it's better for us to finish in this spot or or that spot. You don't know how things are going to finish or what kind of injuries though be labored with? You want to be playing strong hockey going into the Playoffs. And you want to be making sound coaching decisions, not like playing Glass instead of Bunchvich, or playing Girardi on the first pair D.

files58

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: March 23, 2017, 11:26:27 PM »
Glass played last night for his physicality. It's always nasty against the islanders. The isles scored two knock hockey goals in the third while the Rangers missed a couple of open nets and a broken stick on a tee shot from the slot. I would like to see the isles be tied in points for the second wildcard but lose out on a tie breaker. I hate them as much as the Cowterds. The Rangers miss the net too much, and are just not sharp enough moving the puck, most notably out of their end.