News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Game Review Washington at Giants

Started by Ed Vette, September 27, 2016, 09:04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

http://tinyurl.com/BBHGame3Review

Tonight's episode was just Rich and I. We had to wing it as our guests were unavailable. The format was discussion and pointing to various threads on the Board as well as Posters with some key thoughts for discussion featuring, The 12th man, Afan, Todge, Messiah, Bama, and Chris (BabyWhales). 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

bamagiantfan

Nice discussion. Always interesting to hear how others saw the game.

I will say, you and Rich talked a bit about Berhe and how he played but I would argue Landon Collins had his worst game as a Giant. His decision to jump underneath Jackson on the long TD and then a poor angle on the Crowder 55 yard TD on the WR screen were the most under-reported bonehead plays in a game filled with bonehead plays. The Giants only gave up two big plays and Collins was the primary culprit on both. That's the game. Throw everything else out. That's the game, and I'm as big a supporter of Collins as anyone. This is his weakness. Berhe, like him or not, was the best Safety (in the truest sense of the position) on the field. I love Collins' aggressiveness but he can be beaten deep and that was the book on him coming out of college. It showed up Sunday and he - more than Eli, more than Vereen, more than Adams, - owns the biggest part in this loss.

I have no issue with Richburg and when you have a center 15 yards downfield making a block on a CB,..... man, I just loved it. Give me another helping of that. Penalize him. Fine him. I don't care, but start him the next game please. I loved it. Not all fouls are bad fouls. The smack talk to Norman after the play is something recievers do seemingly every play. It wasn't called on Richburg. It was called on the guy who taunted Norman who was being watched. Go Weston. As Agassi would say, attitude is everything.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Ed Vette

Quote from: bamagiantfan on September 27, 2016, 10:19:33 PM
Nice discussion. Always interesting to hear how others saw the game.

I will say, you and Rich talked a bit about Berhe and how he played but I would argue Landon Collins had his worst game as a Giant. His decision to jump underneath Jackson on the long TD and then a poor angle on the Crowder 55 yard TD on the WR screen were the most under-reported bonehead plays in a game filled with bonehead plays. The Giants only gave up two big plays and Collins was the primary culprit on both. That's the game. Throw everything else out. That's the game, and I'm as big a supporter of Collins as anyone. This is his weakness. Berhe, like him or not, was the best Safety (in the truest sense of the position) on the field. I love Collins' aggressiveness but he can be beaten deep and that was the book on him coming out of college. It showed up Sunday and he - more than Eli, more than Vereen, more than Adams, - owns the biggest part in this loss.

I have no issue with Richburg and when you have a center 15 yards downfield making a block on a CB,..... man, I just loved it. Give me another helping of that. Penalize him. Fine him. I don't care, but start him the next game please. I loved it. Not all fouls are bad fouls. The smack talk to Norman after the play is something recievers do seemingly every play. It wasn't called on Richburg. It was called on the guy who taunted Norman who was being watched. Go Weston. As Agassi would say, attitude is everything.

Obviously I agree on Richburg. He was the one tossed and I said it was over the top and not justified. I also agree on Collins but we brought up Berhe because he was replacing a starter and it was in the injury discussion.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin