News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

BBH Midseason Podcast

Started by Ed Vette, October 29, 2016, 03:17:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Vette

Featuring Rich and Chris as we critique the first half of the season from a Hard Core Fan's Perspective, looking at what the Giants have done well from all aspects as well as where they need to improve to gain momentum in the fight for a playoff spot.

http://tinyurl.com/NYGiantsMidSeasonReview
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Mr. Matt

Listening now. Thought you guys did a nice job breaking down what has been going wrong with the offense. The lack of auxiliary blockers is really hurting the team.

Personally, I'm for going to more 4 WR sets. If you look at the games where the offense was really productive last year, they used a lot of those packages. That would allow them to move Beckham around the formation, as they did last year, and generate favorable matchups. It would also allow them to get Dwyane Harris on the field occasionally, who I think is their best WR blocker (and pick setter), and would do better with those over-the-middle routes Ed mentioned. Finally, I think they need to use OBJ to take the top off. Early in the game, on first down, send him deep and clear some space for underneath routes. And what about getting Beatty on the field as an extra TE blocker?

I just don't think they have the personel to run these screens and TE routes they are going to so often. Unless they except that, the offense is going to continue to falter.
"If there are going to be endless echoes, choose the good ones." -Eli Manning

Ed Vette

It's a good mention about Beatty. If he's not on the field after the Bye week then it's reasonable to assume he's no longer what he was. It's the perfect time to bring him in though. I'd be moving Flowers to RT and Beatty to LT. It provides balance on both sides for run support. Otherwise move Pugh and Jerry if Beatty isn't returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin