Author Topic: Anyone watch this show called "Alone?"  (Read 162 times)

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 467
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
Anyone watch this show called "Alone?"
« on: December 26, 2016, 08:22:00 PM »
http://www.history.com/shows/alone?mai=0&mkwid=gtYJo1uY|dc_pcrid_4317218593_pkw_alone_pmt_e&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=alone&utm_campaign=M_Alone&paidlink=1&cmpid=PaidSearch_bing_M_Alone_alone&s_kwcid=AL!4850!10!4317218593!10508527998&ef_id=WGB3yAAAAapYkUJs:20161227011209:s

Anyone watch this show on the History Channel? I ahve followed it for it's first 2 seasons and now the 3rd season is underway. It is a sort of reality show so seasons do not mean anything.

Premise--the take 10 people (survivalists) put them all in some very remote place (all in the same area) and the show is about how they try and survive until there is just one person left. Sounds kind of silly, but these people are truly alone, no camera crew, they have to film what they do each day, how they try and survive. So far keeping warm is a big thing, then eating, then keeping out of the way of bear, mountain lions etc and probably the worst thing, just being alone for extended periods of time. That seems to do most of the survivalists in, being away from family, wife, kids etc.

Myself, I find it fascinating how each one deals with their environment, how they try and keep busy to occupy time. It is a different type of show, not much action, just the personal thoughts of each participator. This season, 2 weeks in and one quit immediately because he had personal things going on at home, thought he would be OK with leaving, then realized he needed to be there. another slipped on a rock and gashed his arm with his ax and had to be medically removed.

Again, interesting show if anyone is interested. No explosions, no sex, no killings (except for some fish and squirrels), just an insight into the mind of everyday survivalists.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 415
    • View Profile
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

squibber

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 17
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watch this show called "Alone?"
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:30:30 PM »
Lenn, Are you going to watch Alone again?  Naturally!  Ar ar.

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 467
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 09:00:13 PM »
Lenn, Are you going to watch Alone again?  Naturally!  Ar ar.

At home, of course.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

Sem

• Mod Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 12:03:26 AM »
At home, of course.
(Gilbert O'Sullivan reference).