• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 624
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
Titanic
« on: January 21, 2017, 03:08:49 PM »
Just the name of that ship makes people sit up and take notice. There have been countless shows, movies documentaries on the how and whys of her sinking, but now there seems to be a brand new theory as to why the great ship sunk and the reasons for it. Yes, she hit that iceberg, that is undeniable, but why was she going so fast when there were ice berg warnings all over the place.

ON The Smithsonian Channel tonite an brand new theory has emerged.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinharris/titanic-the-new-evidence?utm_term=.wtWePEpVX#.fammqAxJy

http://ew.com/tv/2017/01/20/titanic-new-evidence-documentary-clip/

I haven't seen it yet, but I have read and heard the 'new evidence' and if true, makes a lot of sense.

So if anyone watches, what do you think???

Myself, I still say it was the inferior rivets.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:12:18 PM by LennG »
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 146
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 06:33:49 PM »
yeah but at &pm tonight you can get the REAL story of what happened from james Cameron the ultimate explorer, by way of Little Leo Decaprio!  :what:
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 624
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
Re: Titanic
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 07:59:50 PM »
We just watched this 'so called  "special" and you know what, I didn't believe any of it, for one second. If this is the 'NEW' evidence, then some one really pulled a fast one here. Now I am far from being even a minor expert on the Titanic and anyone who watched the movie and thinks they now know everything, might enjoy this, but overall, I found so many holes, so many inconsistencies with this person's theory and fact, I almost turned the darn thing off in the middle.

Now if you haven't seen it and want to, just stop reading now.

The new evidence is a photo of the Titanic, when she was launched, there appears to be a black area on her side which the person tells us us from a coal fire that has been burning for days and is getting worse. Just to make this short, the fire was so intense, it weakened the bulkhead so when  it the ship  hit the iceberg, it couldn't stand the pressure, gave way and the ship sunk.
There was absolutely no mention of the size of the rupture that the iceberg made, how the bulkheads were NOT from floor to ceiling and how the water poured over them from one room to the other. He also states that the ship's designer looked at the damage from the iceberg and said that the ship could stay afloat for hours until help arrived contradicting everything that has ever been written that the designer saw the initial damage and knew RIGHT AWAY the ship was doomed and would sink before help arrived.
I knew we were in trouble with this show when, in the beginning, they said the Titanic held 3500 passengers, then later they said it carried 2500 passengers, both number are way off. There were 1500 or so people who drowned and about 750 were rescued, so where near any of those other figures.
The Smithsonian Channel should be ashamed of itself, trying to capitalize on the Titanic name to put up this drivel, because one oddball sees something in a photo, decides to form his own theory and gets a TV special to back it up.  GARBAGE.
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss