Author Topic: HBO's- The Young Pope  (Read 401 times)

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
Re: HBO's- The Young Pope
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 09:58:34 AM »
Ed,

Consider the dream sequence that opened the show and how a progress agenda was received.   I am thinking it's possible that he is taking the church down the conservative agenda and forcing the priests to live by that same conservative agenda.   By doing so, he is hurting the church in followers, money, and power.  He is making the conservative position so unpalatable that he is opening the door to a progressive agenda that would be welcomed by all even the conservatives.    Now admittedly this is just a theory but I can't help but wonder.

Interesting. Could be. Once he cleans house, setting the example and forgiveness may be the ultimate goal. Btw, episode 6 was aired during this week. It's not just Sundays that it's airing new episodes.
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 956
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 09:59:58 AM »
Interesting. Could be. Once he cleans house, setting the example and forgiveness may be the ultimate goal. Btw, episode 6 was aired during this week. It's not just Sundays that it's airing new episodes.

The schedule seems to be one new episode on Sunday followed by another on Monday
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Jim143

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 58
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 07:08:26 AM »
I would be interested in watching this, but I dont have HBO.  Guess I'll wait until it gets to Netflix.   I did see it listed (under the HBO subscription), so i added it to my watchlist.
"I'm just a nobody looking to stand in GOD's shadow" and try to live up to what is right and moral, I'm not Left or Right or any position, I believe in in the power of the holy spirit and prayer. I am not an angel, however I try to be as true to the rules of GOD and his son."

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 03:28:24 PM »
I would be interested in watching this, but I dont have HBO.  Guess I'll wait until it gets to Netflix.   I did see it listed (under the HBO subscription), so i added it to my watchlist.

Jim,

HBO is also available through Amazon for $14.99 a month
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 07:32:25 PM »
I'm caught up. I think the Pope believes the baby is his child through an act of the Holy Spirit. A contradiction to his lack of faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 10:19:05 AM »
First I have to say that my favorite character is Cardinal Voiello.   He is such a great and complex character with so many of the best lines.

As for the Pope I think he is going through a bit of rebirth (I think the pool scene represented that).   I think he is finally shedding some of his past baggage to allow him to become a much better leader.

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
Two more episodes left and I'll be recording the Sunday one because it conflicts with TWD. They are going to continue the series from what I read.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 07:50:33 AM »
WOW!  I guess we now know why sister Mary said he was something special.

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 08:31:09 AM »
Jude Law was outstanding in this role.
~ Coach Tom Coughlin