Author Topic: Well DRAKE, I did it. broke my freaking knee  (Read 306 times)

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 65
    • View Profile
Well DRAKE, I did it. broke my freaking knee
« on: January 26, 2017, 05:42:39 AM »
I kid you not, I was dragging a hose out to water the flower bed out front and while walking the septic tank, I dont know how much, Steve B, my bud says he thinks about 30% or so caved in. Fortunately I didn't go in but my size 13 right foot did. down goes weeze, broken patella. I dont get into the ortho till Monday. there is NO comfortable position with a busted kneecap. rat bastard at the hospital only gave me 15 oxys, hows that supposed to get me till Monday?
 son of a bitch.
 anyway thought youd like to know. Betsy shes all asleep on the bed, I bet I didn't get a hour all night.
 I know where theres a renegade site on the net that has all 20 years of South Park so that's what Im doing today, unless I fire up the mystery science theatre 3000 site
PORSCHE =there is NO substitute!

drakew

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 57
  • ready to rock n roll...
    • View Profile
Re: Well DRAKE, I did it. broke my freaking knee
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 07:07:52 AM »
 Gees, I get you there. My knee three years later removed from surgery still hurts at times. Keep it elevated and use ice, preferably melting in a glass of vodka!!!!

that is what we call A SINK-HOLE.....
Hope ya feel better, soon, pal
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 539
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 04:54:05 PM »
Sorry to hear that Weeze. See if you can find the history of WWll or something like that on the History Channel or AHC. That'll get you thru about 20 hours of stuff.

Anyway, hope yopu can handle this. After all, at 65 things just don't heal as fast as they did when you were 64.   :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 05:45:09 AM »
all my neighbors stop in from time to time so that helps. cannot carry anything when im on the crutchs
 Im really afraid I did it this time. going to take some serious time to rebound from this
  Ive got season tickets. good thing Ive got friends!
thanks buds
John and Betsy the dawg

Sem

• Mod Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 149
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 08:22:03 AM »
Jeez Louise, Weeze. So sorry to hear about your mishap. Hopefully you're not in too much pain and can be brought back to health in short order.  Take it easy and just don't overdo.

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 509
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2017, 08:31:15 AM »
Sorry to hear about this my friend. A word of caution about the Oxy if it's the bad Oxy...it's addictive and may lead to a problem with addiction and withdrawal so don't overdo it. Hopefully it's Oxycodone and it's codeine but that stuff is also addictive.

I hope the remediation of that septic is simple and not costly.

Is it hard to get to the phone? I don't want to call you if it causes you agony or pain?

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2017, 10:15:09 AM »
stopped the oxys this am, don't like that stuff, it disturbs my sleep which is in the toilet at the moment. back to my regular vicadin which I take anyway.
I go to the ortho dude monday, then ill know more.how long its gonna take towalk,etc
2 moghts with no sleep. cant get comfortable.
 LETS GO FALCONS!
thanks for your concern, ioll bounce back might take a couple months

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »
Come on Weeze, you'll be up and doing that soft shoe dance that old Gabe taught you, many years ago. You remember Gabe, the Golden Hoofer?
Hang in there my friend, things will start to get better real soon, especially when the Dirty Birds spank those evil cheaters from up North.

Is what you are saying is the South will win this 'war'?  Even this northerner will agree with that.  :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:
I HATE TO INCLUDE THE WORD NASTY< BUT THAT IS PART OF BEING A WINNING FOOTBALL TEAM.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 07:13:06 AM »
well, on one hand IF the Pats win it would be fun to watch commissioner RatFink have to go eye to eye handing Mr. Kraft the trophy BUT
 Come on its the Patsies, I hate em, you hate em, we all hate em. they cheat. theyre arrogant, well maybe not the players but the fans are pretty arrogant to everyone except Giants Nation cuz they can fock with us!
 I think Atlanta just has too much offense , operates at about the speed of sound. man theyre fast.
 We will see tho.
Lenn, I finished "The Last full Measure". want me to mail it to you? its relly really good.
 its so REAL its almost like you feel like youuu have a new insight into some of these men. Theres a part about J.E.B. Stuart right before and leading up to his death that is almost like losing a friend. The insight of Chamberlain is remarkable, so is the parts about Grant.
 its just such a great book, couldn't put it down.
  Kneesily yours
 kneesie weezey. President and C.E.O> Kneesles Club Of America

LennG

• Mod. Emeritus
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • My Man YA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »
Let me see if I can get it out of our library first. If not, I would love to read it.

Charlie Weiss

weeze

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2017, 12:43:20 PM »
oh yeah, the hospital said broken patella. the follow up with the ortho guys, who work for the TAMPA bAY rAYS SAID I HAVEA "BROKEN FACIA OF THE TIBIA"
Had the cat scan last Friday, this Friday I go back to the doc's, their "trauma" guy to find out if I get it operated on, cast, or more if this brace which is really a implement of torture.
 I just reakized I didn't update this extravaganza of out to lunch accident I had.
Ill post more when I find out what is going to happen.
meantime a lot of TV, glad I have DSS