Author Topic: Should Victor Cruz enter the Giants ring of honor?  (Read 349 times)

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1172
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Should Victor Cruz enter the Giants ring of honor?
« on: February 17, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
Why or why not?
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

zephirus

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Should Victor Cruz enter the Giants ring of honor?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 01:31:36 PM »
No.  Too short a career.  Outside of a brilliant 2011 his numbers were solid - not great.  Not to mention he missed all of 2015 and most of 2014. 

gary_mitchell31

• All-Pro
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 01:55:31 PM »
Absolutely not. Fan favorite no doubt but ROH no. Unless he got his 2nd SB ring....maybe

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

afan56

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 78
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 02:47:00 PM »
No.  Too short a career.  Outside of a brilliant 2011 his numbers were solid - not great.  Not to mention he missed all of 2015 and most of 2014.

Ditto

spiderblue43

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 30
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »
No. I would put the founder of the spike Homer Jones in before Cruz. He was the most exciting player the team had for years after the bottom fell out. :yes:

kingm56

• Starter
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 05:19:17 AM »
No, and it's not even close.  If you put Cruz in the ROH, you have to put Nicks; after all, Nicks has more TD, REC and Yds.  Come to think of it, I'd rather have Cab Calloway and Ike Hillard in the ROH before Cruz.  Both receivers were far more prolific in an era that wasn't conducive to WRs putting up numbers. 

Gmo11

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:27:37 PM »
I actually think it's closer than some people are making it out to be.  If you're going on stats then sure, he had a short career and the numbers match up with Nicks so why one and not the other is a good point.  But Cruz's story, and his relationship with the fans, makes him different than a lot of other players.  After all, Terrell Davis is a hall of famer despite only having 4 really outstanding seasons before injuries robbed him of his future.

Cruz came out of nowhere to become an impact player for the team.  His 99 yard TD was legendary but so was the performance against the Niners and that ruthless defense in the playoffs.  He was one of the 3 or 4 best players on a Super Bowl winning team.  And even last season which was not a great season, continued to make clutch catch after clutch catch.

If the Giants held a halftime ceremony 5 years from now where they were putting Nicks up in the ring of honor we'd mostly wonder why they did it.  But if they did the same thing for Cruz?  We'd be chanting CRUUUUUUUUUUUUZ for 15 straight minutes.  So while I'm not convinced they SHOULD do it, I'd be totally fine with it if they did.

However if he signs with the Eagles or Cowboys or Redskins this season and turns back into the Cruz of old for them...I take back everything I just said.