News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Players at 23

Started by MP21WAYS2PAY, February 21, 2017, 07:26:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MP21WAYS2PAY

Positions & players I think are most likely in consideration at 23:

TE: David Njoku/Gerald Everett
If Njoku were there, which I don't think he will be, this would be a tremendous pick. 
The universal belief leaving the Senior Bowl had O.J. Howard as the big winner at the tight end position.  But a number of teams rated Gerald Everett of South Alabama equal to Howard last week.
Everett was impressive both days he participated in practice and though he has a size deficiency compared to other tight ends, teams view him as the truest deep threat and downfield playmaker at the position.  There

gregf

Thanks for starting this thread MP. Hopefully more draft gurus add their choices too. It will give us a good research platform.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

UKGiantsFan

Can't see any way that LT Ryan Ramczyk is available at #23 (I'm not a Cam Robinson fan). However trading up 5 spots for him would only cost a 3rd rounder so if JPP is re-signed this becomes a more feasible possibility. Dark horse is LT Antonio Garcia. Forget the 1-on-1 practices at the Senior Bowl, it's different 11-on-11 and he did well in those and the game itself. Unlike Flowers he can move his feet and he doesn't duck his head and get bull rushed back!

I really like Moton as an RT option (and he can play RG too) but he is unlikely to be on my wish-list at #23. Trading back? Add to wish-list

DE Derek Barnett or Taco Charlton (whichever is left). I think Willis is too stiff. Prefer others to him even for R2

Going G is a possibility if we sign a LT in free agency and shift Flowers to RT but the quality likely available in R2 make it a better possibility. I can think of 5 guys I'd draft at RG at #55 and at least 2-3 might be there for us. All offer a good fit!

TE is an obvious need and my liking for Njuko was trumpeted the morning after we went out of the playoffs but there is depth and T/DE are bigger priorities if we have holes there

We can discount WR, C, CB, S and 3/4 edge rushing OLB's altogether.

At ILB there are a couple but it's a two down position in our defense and not worth it.

At OLB I really like the Temple kid who plays everywhere but with a healthy Kennard there isn't  a natural post for him to start

At DT McDowell intrigues but I don't see a natural fit next to Snacks. The guys I like as a fit don't look like first rounder's to me pre-Combine

Dark horse is RB. Seriously! If Leonard Fournette was to drop I'd grab him in a heartbeat. Not as sure about Dalvin Cook. Dark horse? McCaffrey but only as a last resort. All have the speed and offer the explosive long distance threats that Perkins doesn't

MightyGiants

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on February 22, 2017, 08:55:12 AM
(I'm not a Cam Robinson fan).

WHAT?!?   :what:

How could you not be interested in drafting Flowers 2.0?  ;)
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UKGiantsFan

Quote from: MightyGiants on February 22, 2017, 10:10:31 AM
WHAT?!?   :what:

How could you not be interested in drafting Flowers 2.0?  ;)

That's EXACTLY who I've been comparing him to for months!! Scary thought having them as bookends!!

Philosophers

I do not super athletic super dumb players.  Their athleticism is worthless if they cannot grasp the nuances of their position at the NFL level.  Think Flowers may evidence that and possibly Adams at TE.

todge

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on February 22, 2017, 08:55:12 AM
Can't see any way that LT Ryan Ramczyk is available at #23 (I'm not a Cam Robinson fan). However trading up 5 spots for him would only cost a 3rd rounder so if JPP is re-signed this becomes a more feasible possibility. Dark horse is LT Antonio Garcia. Forget the 1-on-1 practices at the Senior Bowl, it's different 11-on-11 and he did well in those and the game itself. Unlike Flowers he can move his feet and he doesn't duck his head and get bull rushed back!

I really like Moton as an RT option (and he can play RG too) but he is unlikely to be on my wish-list at #23. Trading back? Add to wish-list

DE Derek Barnett or Taco Charlton (whichever is left). I think Willis is too stiff. Prefer others to him even for R2

Going G is a possibility if we sign a LT in free agency and shift Flowers to RT but the quality likely available in R2 make it a better possibility. I can think of 5 guys I'd draft at RG at #55 and at least 2-3 might be there for us. All offer a good fit!

TE is an obvious need and my liking for Njuko was trumpeted the morning after we went out of the playoffs but there is depth and T/DE are bigger priorities if we have holes there

We can discount WR, C, CB, S and 3/4 edge rushing OLB's altogether.

At ILB there are a couple but it's a two down position in our defense and not worth it.

At OLB I really like the Temple kid who plays everywhere but with a healthy Kennard there isn't  a natural post for him to start

At DT McDowell intrigues but I don't see a natural fit next to Snacks. The guys I like as a fit don't look like first rounder's to me pre-Combine

Dark horse is RB. Seriously! If Leonard Fournette was to drop I'd grab him in a heartbeat. Not as sure about Dalvin Cook. Dark horse? McCaffrey but only as a last resort. All have the speed and offer the explosive long distance threats that Perkins doesn't

Hey Ceri!  Have you thought about submitting your resume to JR?  This group of scouts could sure use someone who actually knows how to evaluate offensive linemen. We have seen seven years of mediocrity and garbage.

Anyway - would like your thoughts on Bolles at #23.  It looks like Ramczyk will be a goner by perhaps #15.  I think Garcia and definitely Moton will be there in Round 2.  So perhaps the Giants will pull a Landon Collins and move up in the 2nd to grab either Bolles or Garcia.  However, the latter prospect does not meet the Giant arm length requirement so seeing that they were burned by their Pugh exception, I doubt they would make another one.  The Giants also like versatility in their OLs - so I think that eliminates Moton who will be either a guard or right tackle in this league.