News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Senior Bowl - a Giants centric look

Started by UKGiantsFan, February 03, 2023, 11:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Painter

As always, we are beholden to Ceri for his insights and his efforts to give substance to our claim as the Home of the best-informed Giants fans. No one does it better.

My interest in Ceri's post-Senior Bowl review is focused more on his analysis of the Giants Roster and its areas of strength and weakness than on anyone in yesterday's game unless thought capable of making an almost impact on one of the team's well-recognized positions of need.

During the next 6 weeks decisions will be made regarding the use of the Franchise/ Transition Tags (2/21-3/7), Combine results/ impressions (2/28-3/6), Trade talks/deadline (3/13-3/15), and with Free Agents signing (3/15-)

In order of occurrence, Schoen/Daboll must decide how far to go in resigning Saquon, or in Tagging him, or in parting company. That, of course, could itself have an influence on their interest in/ability to sign a FA like the Titans ILB David Long, or in making an offer to trade for a No.1 WR such as the Bengals, Tee Higgins, or the Niners, Brandon Aiyuk, or the Colts, Michael Pittman.

While a trade of such kind would be challenging indeed, I don't see it as beyond the capacity of Schoen & Co- quaking at the thought, are you?- whereas I view the addition of a legit No. 1 WR by whatever means as top priority essential to DJ's and the Giants further success and development.

Meanwhile, and in any case, for the next 6 weeks, I would expect my focus on the Draft (4/27-29) to reside in a place "too early".

Cheers!

President Rick

thoughts on drew sanders, ILB, arkansas, noted in another thread??
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

jimc

- Accumulating knowledge is pointless unless it is used to help someone

Bob In PA

Ceri: We really appreciate all of your participation here. Many thanks.  Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!