Author Topic: Post Draft Simulators Here:  (Read 1369 times)

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 155
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 10:50:40 AM by Vette »

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 121
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
Re: Post Draft Simulators Here:
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 07:55:53 PM »
O.K. the simulation is finally running on the FanSpeak site.  It doesn't let you pick the source for your draft board yet, or even let you pick, but it does spit out a draft for each team for all 7 rounds.  So here is the current one that I just ran for the Giants.  Truth be told...for the 1st pick alone I would be ecstatic about these picks...# 2 isn't bad either.  I have to admit though that I know little to nothing about the rest of them.

Mighty, Ceri, Bob, anyone heard of these guys after the 2nd round below?

Cid

1st) Garrett Bolles - OT
2nd) Evan Engram - TE
3rd) Wayne Gallman - RB
4th) Elijah Lee - LB
5th) Zach Banner - OG
6th) Damore'ea Stringfellow - WR
7th) Sefo Liufau - QB
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

gregf

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 49
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 10:52:25 PM »
Cid, those first two picks would be a dream scenario. I'd love it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2017, 12:11:08 PM »
Ran it a 2nd time...this one's not as good as the first one, but I love the Moton pick in Rd 2.  Cid

Dan Feeney - OG
Taylor Moton - OT
Wayne Gallman - RB
Michael Roberts - TE
Kyle Fuller - C
Matt Milano - LB
Jeremiah Ledbetter - DL
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1176
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:52:12 AM »
YOUR PICKS
1: R1P23 
OT RYAN RAMCZYK
WISCONSIN
2: R2P23 
G DAN FEENEY
INDIANA
3: R3P23 
RB MARLON MACK
SOUTH FLORIDA
4: R4P33 
DL DAVON GODCHAUX
LSU
5: R5P23 
CB CORN ELDER
MIAMI (FLA.)
6: R6P23 
K ZANE GONZALEZ
ARIZONA STATE
7: R7P23 
EDGE TASHAWN BOWER
LSU
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

The Chief

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 08:27:36 AM »
1.  Bolles,OT,Utah
2.  Dawkins,OG,Temple
3.  Mixon,RB,Oklahoma
4.  Phillips,OLB,Illinois
5.  Hall,DE,Texas A&M
6.  Walker,DT,Oklahoma
7.  Davis,WR,Georgia State

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 03:10:46 PM »
latest simulation gave me...meh... :confused:
1st) LB ZACH CUNNINGHAM
2nd) TE BUCKY HODGES
3rd) RB WAYNE GALLMAN
4th) G DAMIEN MAMA
5th) WR DEDE WESTBROOK
6th) OT JON HECK
7th) DE EDGE JACOB PUGH

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 1176
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 10:06:29 AM »
23: R1P23 
TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA
55: R2P23 
G DION DAWKINS
TEMPLE
87: R3P23 
DL CARLOS WATKINS
CLEMSON
140: R4P33 
RB JEREMY MCNICHOLS
BOISE STATE
167: R5P23 
LB JAYON BROWN
UCLA
207: R6P23 
K JAKE ELLIOTT
MEMPHIS
241: R7P23 
LB BLAIR BROWN
OHIO
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

drakew

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 57
  • ready to rock n roll...
    • View Profile
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 03:53:19 PM »
Was bored...ran it again.  I have only heard of Reddick in this group and would actually like the pick.  That said, I don't think for one minute that JR will use a 1st on an LB.   :no:
1. Hasson Reddick LB
2. D'onta Foreman RB
3. Julie'n Davenport OT  (at this point I have to think that JR is after all of the guys with apostrophes in their names)   :P
4. George Kittle TE
5. Damien Mama G (I still think this is the coolest last name in the draft  8)))
6. Darreus Rogers WR
7. Riley Bullough LB

Cid

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 513
    • View Profile
Re: Rob Rang's latest: good news for the BLUE
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 04:11:56 PM »
excellent choice!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-titans-nab-howard-ross-williams-falls-to-the-cowboys/?ttag=allsportsdailyheadline303212017

Patient, good vision, follows his blocks well, quick decisions and cuts, agile, good hands, plays fast although his 40 time is not great at a 4.5 avg., can play slot and return also and has decent strength for his size. Tough to grab at the second level. He had some nice holes to run through and don't know how is is in pass pro. He would be a nice weapon to have. 
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 435
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2017, 04:27:21 PM »
Patient, good vision, follows his blocks well, quick decisions and cuts, agile, good hands, plays fast although his 40 time is not great at a 4.5 avg., can play slot and return also and has decent strength for his size. Tough to grab at the second level. He had some nice holes to run through and don't know how is is in pass pro. He would be a nice weapon to have. 

..... and his dad was a Giant LOL

Ed:  IMO, he's too much to hope for at pick 23.  Stranger things have happened, but I'm willing to bet a few beers that the Patriots find a way to get him.  Amendola and Edelman are getting old.  Bob

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 513
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2017, 05:07:42 PM »
..... and his dad was a Giant LOL

Ed:  IMO, he's too much to hope for at pick 23.  Stranger things have happened, but I'm willing to bet a few beers that the Patriots find a way to get him.  Amendola and Edelman are getting old.  Bob

They are both UFA's in 2018. This year they tie up 13.5mm. At 30 and 31 are they really that old or just old in BB years? How many RB's do you think will go before the Giants pick? Do you think the Pats will burn more picks?
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 435
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2017, 05:25:57 PM »
They are both UFA's in 2018. This year they tie up 13.5mm. At 30 and 31 are they really that old or just old in BB years? How many RB's do you think will go before the Giants pick? Do you think the Pats will burn more picks?

Ed: I don't know about Amendola, but Edelman takes A MAJOR BEATING every season (far more than Dwayne Harris, a guy who never met contact he didn't like). 

IMO, two running backs will go before the Giants pick.  If three go, the third will be McCaffrey (unless there are trades).

Yes, I think the Pats will burn more picks IF.... they can get a guy they really want. 

Bob

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »
O.K. now you can run your own draft on Fanspeak.  I used the Composite Big Board to rank the players and the user-voted to determine team needs (this 2nd feature is new this year  :)).  With all that here is the team that I drafted.  The 1st 3 picks I'm pretty happy with.  I left both Bolles and Ramcyzk on the board @ 23, but McDowell is just too good to pass up. (FTR I don't believe Malik will be there when we pick @ 23, but if he is I really hope JR picks him).  After the first 3 picks I don't know if anyone will stick, but I'd really like to see us practice squad a couple of them Carraway and Ugokwe specifically.

1st round: Malik McDowell; DT Michigan State  (Big Hank loses out. This guy will be a monster next to Snacks in the very near future)
2nd round: David Njoku; TE Miami (I really hope he's still on the board for our 2nd pick)
3rd round: Joe Mixon; RB Oklahoma (Perkins perfect running mate)
4th round: Levon Meyers;OT Northern Illinois (Good sized with quick feet. One of the few college level OTs that project to be an OT in the NFL.  Not fooling myself here tho...he's going to be a project that may spell some folks this year but will take a year at least building up his strength and working on his technique before he is a starter, which I believe he will be someday.)
5th round: Josh Carraway; Edge TCU (Freak of an athlete with a very good quick twitch.  I think with proper coaching he'll turn out to be a great outside edge guy for us)
6th round: Jon Toth; C Kentucky (One of the best centers in college over the last 2 years.  Projects as a starter in the NFL within a couple of years)
7th round: Jerry Ugokwe; OT William and Mary (Project with loads of potential.  With good coaching projects to be a starter in the NFL)