Author Topic: Post Draft Simulators Here:  (Read 1107 times)

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 92
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
Re: Post Draft Simulators Here:
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2017, 02:32:39 AM »
This is an impressive haul.  I'd be pretty happy with this...

R1 OT GARETT BOLLES UTAH (some say he's the best OT in this class...everyone says he has the nastiest mean streak of all the OTs)
R2 TE EVAN ENGRAM OLE MISS (Best TE on the board at this time.)
R3 EDGE DAESHON HALL TEXAS A&M (Getting OO's replacement)
R4 CB SHAQUILL GRIFFIN CENTRAL FLORIDA (one of the fastest CBs in the draft, good instincts too)
R5 RB SAMAJE PERINE OKLAHOMA (Perkins' running mate for the next 4 years.  A battering ram that won't be denied in shart yardage situations)
R6 DL LOWELL LOTULELEI UTAH (I personally watched a few Utah games this year...he's a stud & by the end of the season he'll make us forget about Hank)
R7 QB CHAD KELLY OLE MISS (I know, problem child, injury prone...but if he is still there, we couldn't pass on him...could we?)

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 12:26:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure that none of these folks will be there (especially the 1st 2 on the list) when we pick.  That said, if we were able to get the below list, I would say that we would have had to have one of the best drafts in recent memory, including last year.

23: R1P23  DL JONATHAN ALLEN   ALABAMA (instant upgrade to our DL)
55: R2P23  G DION DAWKINS   TEMPLE  (day 1 starter @ LT over Flowers)
87: R3P23  CB CAMERON SUTTON   TENNESSEE  (improves our DB group)
140: R4P33  DL TANOH KPASSAGNON   VILLANOVA (under rated...I think he will be a starter in the next 3 years)
167: R5P23  TE GEORGE KITTLE   IOWA  (hard worker, good speed, great blocker, great hands)
207: R6P23  WR JOSH MALONE   TENNESSEE  (6'3", set the Tennessee receiving record...a great understudy for Brandon Marshall to mentor)
241: R7P23  OT JERRY UGOKWE   WILLIAM & MARY (very raw but off the chart freak athlete...if coached up properly he and Dawkins could be our bookends for a long time)

Cid
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 976
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 04:28:38 PM »
Cid,

That would be the draft to beat all drafts.  I have to confess, I am starting to lose my love of the draft simulator.   No matter how I play with the parameters there always is a player available to me that has me saying, "there is no way that guy will be there".    Now I guess I could ignore that player, but that means a player who should be there isn't.    It's just frustrating.
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 12:33:01 PM »
I tried a different approach this time...but the site crashed after my 4th round pick...pity too as I had a pretty good yet fairly realistic draft going.  Cid

1st round - G - Forrest Lamp
2nd round - DL/DE - Taco Charlton
3rd round - OT - Dion Dawkins
4th round - CB - Jeremy Cutrer

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 976
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2017, 01:20:24 PM »
I tried a different approach this time...but the site crashed after my 4th round pick...pity too as I had a pretty good yet fairly realistic draft going.  Cid

1st round - G - Forrest Lamp
2nd round - DL/DE - Taco Charlton
3rd round - OT - Dion Dawkins
4th round - CB - Jeremy Cutrer

Cid,

I see Lamp going in the teens

I think Taco is a first rounder

I think Dawkins is gone by the first few picks in the 2nd round (if not the bottom of the first)
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

drakew

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 82
  • ready to rock n roll...
    • View Profile
"The future ain't what it used to be-" Yogi Berra

JoeP

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 28
  • I wanted to take a knee.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2017, 10:28:56 PM »
23: R1P23
RB CHRISTIAN MCCAFFREY
STANFORD
55: R2P23 
CB TRE'DAVIOUS WHITE
LSU
87: R3P23
WR JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER
USC
140: R4P33 
TE JEREMY SPRINKLE
ARKANSAS

Yes. i know there are ZERO OLs, I played the cards that Fanspeak delt me.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 10:31:15 PM by JoeP »

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 11:08:25 PM »
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2017, 08:06:42 AM »
bump
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2017, 03:24:12 PM »
Ok, I just tried to predict the 1st round draft for all 32 teams using the link that Vette posted...wow...that was hard.  I don't envy the folks in each of the team's draft rooms.  Its not going to be fun this year as the talent pool isn't nearly as deep across the board.  Anyway here are my picks along with the "Experts" and "Users" picks too.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 03:48:57 PM by Cid in Dupont »