News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

David Njoku - TE - Prospect

Started by MightyGiants, March 02, 2017, 11:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

These measurables will only increase his value.  I know he is on the fan's wishlist but I can't see him lasting until 23

David Njoku - TE - Player
Miami (FL) TE David Njoku measured 6-foot-4, 246 at the Combine weigh-in.
Perhaps most notably, Njoku checked in with a freakish 82 1/2-inch wingspan. Giants DE Jason Pierre-Paul's 81-inch wingspan is considered legendary, but Njoku's is longer despite being shorter and svelter than JPP. Njoku's wingspan is only two inches shorter than LeBron James'. Njoku also has big, 10-inch hands. Njoku is a dynamic pass catcher and underrated blocker on college tape. He's neck and neck with O.J. Howard as this year's top tight end prospect.
Source: Charles Robinson on Twitter Mar 2 - 11:32 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/12186/david-njoku
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

UncannyGfan

Do you think both Howard and Njoku will be gone by the time the Giants pick?  Or does Njoku's increasing value improve the chances Howard falls to 23?

MightyGiants

Quote from: UncannyGfan on March 02, 2017, 12:10:52 PM
Do you think both Howard and Njoku will be gone by the time the Giants pick?  Or does Njoku's increasing value improve the chances Howard falls to 23?

It's my observation mocks tend to get more accurate the closer we get to the draft.  Right now I am not seeing either of these TEs falling to the Giants.    That said, the combine has started and that should serve to scramble these mock drafts a bit.  Both from the prospects performances and what the reporters can glean from their sources. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

todge

We know the Giants love athletes. So I wouldn't be surprised if they had a higher grade on Njoku than Howard.  On the other hand, Howard appeals to a lot of teams because he had a four year career while Njoku only played two years.

One never knows when it comes to the Draft - so it will be interesting what the Giants will do at #23 if one or both of these players are there for the taking.  If either Bolles or Ramczyk are there as well, then what?  You can get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd while your chances of landing a starting caliber OLT are very slim after Round One.

gregf

Quote from: todge on March 02, 2017, 05:11:13 PM
We know the Giants love athletes. So I wouldn't be surprised if they had a higher grade on Njoku than Howard.  On the other hand, Howard appeals to a lot of teams because he had a four year career while Njoku only played two years.

One never knows when it comes to the Draft - so it will be interesting what the Giants will do at #23 if one or both of these players are there for the taking.  If either Bolles or Ramczyk are there as well, then what?  You can get a good TE in the 2nd or 3rd while your chances of landing a starting caliber OLT are very slim after Round One.
I'd be happy with any of those 4 falling to us in the first round!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

bamagiantfan

It is going to be somebody new. It always is.

2010   Kevin Boss
2011   Jake Ballard
2012   Martellus Bennett
2013   Brandon Myers
2014   Larry Donnell
2015   Larry Donnell
2016   Will Tye
2017 ?????

And that doesn't even count Jerell Adams, Travis Beckam, Darcy Johnson, Bear Pascoe, and others who started from time to time.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

Philosophers

I am more sold on those two TEs being very good NFL players than i am on those two OTs.  If available I'd take a dynamic player at a position of need and look for OT in round 2 or 3

MP21WAYS2PAY

Quote from: UncannyGfan on March 02, 2017, 12:10:52 PM

It definitely helps that Miami ,who picks just before us,  traded for TE Julius Thomas.  But Howard and Njoku are such physically talented prospects, I really think there is a good chance they both go before any WRs are picked, and probably top 15.  Then again, TE is not usually the priority position teams are looking to address, so who knows, we could get lucky.

XNYrnLA

Quote from: todge on March 02, 2017, 05:11:13 PM

I think you are right... so it depends if we can catch a good OT in FA or not... if not their hands are tied forcing them to go OT in the 1st.
"" This team is now 3 players away from being a winning playoff team ""

UKGiantsFan

I can't see either OJ or Njuko making it to 20.

Reminds me of the year Keith Jackson and Johnny Mitchell went very high. Phenomenal athletes get taken early. I can see the pair being trade bait in the top 12!

MightyGiants

Quote from: UKGiantsFan on March 03, 2017, 02:29:15 PM
I can't see either OJ or Njuko making it to 20.

Reminds me of the year Keith Jackson and Johnny Mitchell went very high. Phenomenal athletes get taken early. I can see the pair being trade bait in the top 12!

I agree I think mocks that have either of them lasting have forgotten that great TEs can and are drafted high.   The problem is there hasn't been great TEs to draft for some time. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE