News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

Joe Mixon

Started by JoeP, March 07, 2017, 02:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeP

If Bradshaw was worth a late draft pick, Mixon is also.

Yes, I did watch the tape, several times. Without doubt, SHE was the aggressor and assaulted him.

Flame away choir boys.

Gmo11

Sorry, but Bradshaw skipped some meetings and stole a playstation.  He never hit a girl.  And I don't care what the girl said/did you can't hit her.  I'd rather not have him on my team if I can avoid it.  I don't even like being forced to root for a team with Aroldis Chapman on it.

MightyGiants

I agree the women provoked the incident.  That said, breaking multiple bones in the woman's face could not be justified as self-defense or "she had it coming". 

Joe clearly didn't deal with his anger issues after that incident because there is also this:

Joe Mixon - RB - Sooners
Oklahoma redshirt sophomore RB Joe Mixon will play in the school's game against Baylor after serving a one game suspension against Iowa State.
Mixon lost his temper and threw a fit when given a parking ticket, which led to a one game suspension. This is Mixon's second off field incident, and the first was far more serious. On the field, Mixon has been a ridiculous playmaker, averaging almost seven yards per carry and over 14 yards per reception. He has nine touchdowns on the season.
Source: John Werner on Twitter Mon, Nov 7, 2016 11:47:00 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/cfb/133473/joe-mixon
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

bamagiantfan

Mixon would be talked about with McCaffery and Dalvin Cook if he didn't have the history. No one is arguing his playmaking ability and I think he will be well worth a late round pick for someone. However, after McAdoo's recent statements about wanting players with a "clean" history, I don't see him landing here. He may fall and then clean up his act to become a pro-bowl caliber player a la Vontez Burfict, but I don't believe that will happen here.
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

joeyfootball

he has tons of speed and talent, but his anger must somehow get under control.''

he will get drafted but buyer beware.

uconnjack8

I would rather they do not draft him.  I know if they do most of us here will root for him but I would rather not have that kind of attention on the team.

MP21WAYS2PAY

I do not think Mixon will be drafted, not being invited to the combine was a clear message from the league.

kelston827

Quote from: JoeP on March 07, 2017, 02:28:06 PM
Without doubt, SHE was the aggressor and assaulted him.

Yes, so by all means full grown, pro athlete man, break her face! SMH

MightyGiants

I have heard everything from he won't be drafted to he could be taken as high as the third round.   I also heard a report that he met with about half a dozen teams to talk about his issues.   

The interesting thing is that outside of his uncontrollable anger issues, by all accounts he is a likable guy.  That the guy isn't a locker room cancer or a rage monster or a major league jerk.  He simply has very serious anger issues. 
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

todge

Hard to envision that he is on the Giants' Board.  The Giants have made a concerted effort to draft only Boy Scouts in the first three Rounds.  They are willing take flyers on character risks later in the Draft. 

MightyGiants

Trevor Sikkema @TampaBayTre
10m
Mixon's pro day numbers vs. Combine RBs

40 (4.43): 4th
Vert (35): T-7th
Broad (9'10"): T-9th
3-cone (6.96): 5th
SS (4.25): 5th

Daniel Jeremiah  @MoveTheSticks
33m
Scout on Mixon:
That was a 1st rd RB workout in any draft class. Explosive in every rep, rare route running/hands, 228, huge trunk, ran 447
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

murderhill

Not going to happen so close after the Brown story.  James Conner in the fifth round I say.

bamagiantfan

There are going to be players in the 2nd and 3rd rounds who might have been first rounders in other years. The second tier of RBs are very good and there are a lot of them.

Tier 1 (1st day)
Leonard Fournette
Dalvin Cook
Christian McCaffrey

Tier 2 (2nd day)
Donte Foreman
Samaje Perrine
Brian Hill
Jeremy McNichols
Joe Mixon
Wayne Gallman
Alvin Kamara
Elija Hood
I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant - Robert McCloskey (if he were on this Forum)

todge

Just like the Giants taking a big WR to complement their smallish corp, they will also look to take a north/south, downhill RB to pair with Perkins who is their east/west RB.  With Jennings and Williams both gone, there is no run-between-the-tackles back on the team right now. 

This Draft is shaping up to be an offensive one - RB, TE and OLs badly needed right now.  Then there is also the issue of who is playing the 3T if Hankins walks?  Bromley a starter?  Hardly.