News:

Moderation Team: Vette, babywhales, Bob In PA, gregf, bighitterdalama, beaugestus, T200

Owner: MightyGiants

Link To Live Chat

Mastodon

Main Menu

One thing that I noticed in the mock drafts post-Combine

Started by MightyGiants, March 14, 2017, 01:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MightyGiants

I think they tend to be more accurate (in terms of roughly where players are taken).  Anyway what I have noticed is that players that seemed out of reach prior to the draft often seem to be mocked as available on 23.  Depending on the draft one of these three players are being projected as being available at 23

TE David Njoku
OT Garett Bolles
OT Ryan Ramczyk
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

President Rick

I'd be surprised to see both of the [apparently] two highest rated OT's still to be there at 23.  One OT maybe, but given the dearth of good OT FA prospects this year, unlikely, IMO.  Njoku maybe, but even he's a long shot to be there at 23.  However, with the many solid DE and CB prospects, I could see us going that way and saving OL and TE for rds 2-4.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 14, 2017, 01:39:46 PM
I think they tend to be more accurate (in terms of roughly where players are taken).  Anyway what I have noticed is that players that seemed out of reach prior to the draft often seem to be mocked as available on 23.  Depending on the draft one of these three players are being projected as being available at 23

TE David Njoku
OT Garett Bolles
OT Ryan Ramczyk

Rich: I did the same exercise and came up four names: Njoku, Bolles, Peppers and Watson

I believe the probability that at least three of them will be there is about 90 percent.

Now for the difficult part: I also figure two of them are likely to be busts..... so......   LOL   Bob
If Jeff Hostetler could do it, Daniel Jones can do it !!!

todge

Quote from: President Rick on March 14, 2017, 01:53:52 PM
I'd be surprised to see both of the [apparently] two highest rated OT's still to be there at 23.  One OT maybe, but given the dearth of good OT FA prospects this year, unlikely, IMO.  Njoku maybe, but even he's a long shot to be there at 23.  However, with the many solid DE and CB prospects, I could see us going that way and saving OL and TE for rds 2-4.

Perhaps that is the case because teams in need of a left tackle, signed one in Free Agency.  The teams that need a left tackle have been trimmed.

afan56

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 14, 2017, 03:04:36 PM
Rich: I did the same exercise and came up four names: Njoku, Bolles, Peppers and Watson

I believe the probability that at least three of them will be there is about 90 percent.

Now for the difficult part: I also figure two of them are likely to be busts..... so......   LOL  Bob

Bob, you know I respect your opinion, so which one will be the star?  ;)

Bob In PA

Quote from: afan56 on March 14, 2017, 04:41:08 PM
Bob, you know I respect your opinion, so which one will be the star?  ;)

a: If I had to pick one of those guys without reference to the needs or circumstances of the team I would choose Watson.

If it turns out as Rich suggests the Giants IMO would pick Ramczyk.  My list does not contain him.  No way he gets to 23, not because he's a sure thing, but because he can play tackle. Bob

MightyGiants

Quote from: Bob In PA on March 14, 2017, 03:04:36 PM

Now for the difficult part: I also figure two of them are likely to be busts..... so......   LOL   Bob

Good stuff Bob

For those not as well versed on the draft

I believe Bob is referring to

QB Deshaun Watson-  One of the top tier QB prospects in a class that has been described as weak (at least that is who I think Bob is talking about)

and

LB Jabrill Peppers- a slightly undersized but impressive LB prospect.
SMART, TOUGH, DEPENDABLE

Shoelessjoe

Peppers is a freak athletically talented player who will play anywhere the coach wants him to play.  He can play LB and Safety as well as return punts and kickoffs and also takes snaps on offense.  I would love to see what Spags can dream up for him.

afan56

I will be very interested in the careers of Jabrill Peppers and Christian McCaffrey. Peppers is a local kid who played at Paramus Catholic, and MCCaffrey because of his dad being a Giant. They are both very exciting multi talented guys and I look forward to seeing how they are viewed by the NFL in the draft and how they do as pros.

Bob In PA

Quote from: MightyGiants on March 14, 2017, 05:12:25 PM
Good stuff Bob
For those not as well versed on the draft
I believe Bob is referring to
QB Deshaun Watson-  One of the top tier QB prospects in a class that has been described as weak (at least that is who I think Bob is talking about)
and
LB Jabrill Peppers- a slightly undersized but impressive LB prospect.

Rich: Yes and yes.  Sorry about that. Bob