Author Topic: NFL Network's experts Mock draft for Giants (first 3 picks)  (Read 529 times)

Cid in Dupont

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 90
  • Best SB ever!!
    • View Profile
FTR, I would be very, very happy with these picks...not quite doing cartwheels, but close. :ok:
here's the link jic you want to read the whole story... http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Latest-Mock-Draft-predicts-Giants-first-3-rounds/2933e627-a5fc-4d92-9af4-6d0a3a234a8f

Round 1 (23rd overall pick):

“Let’s go with offensive lineman Garett Bolles from Utah,” Jeremiah said. “He’s physical and nasty and kind of fits what they do there.”

Round 2 (55th overall pick):

“How about defensive tackle Malik McDowell from Michigan State,” Brooks said. “When you look at the tape, this is a guy that is super talented. He has the ability to take over the game. But he’s inconsistent and you don’t get the consistent motor that you want to see. However, get the right coach to get him going and he can get up to the quarterback.  With Snacks on the inside, he compliments JPP and Olivier Vernon on the outside.”

Round 3 (87th overall pick):

“One of my favorite value guys is running back Marlon Mack,” Jeremiah said. “I think you can probably get him in the third or fourth round of this draft, but he’s a second round type player.”
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 02:00:37 PM by Cid in Dupont »
Even a fool when he holds his peace is considered wise; when he closes his lips he is esteemed a man of understanding.

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 956
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Re: NFL Network's experts Mock draft (first 3 picks)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 01:35:11 PM »
That would be a very nice day 1 and day 2 haul
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"

EDjohnst1981

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 33
    • View Profile
Re: NFL Network's experts Mock draft for Giants (first 3 picks)
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 04:56:39 PM »
I don't watch College ball so I don't know anything about these kids. However, I read that 2nd pick and thought "Yikes, that sounds like Marvin Austin all over again". 

Like I say, I don't watch the games so I apologises if I'm way of base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

todge

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 177
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 11:34:37 PM »
That would be a very nice day 1 and day 2 haul

Couldn't agree more.

But Bolles is unlikely to fall to #23. More likely OLs will be Ramczyk or Dawkins.

It is pretty apparent what the needs are now. An OLT to compete with Flowers, a 3T DT, a power north/south RB and a Will LB.

finnref

• All-Pro
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2017, 10:10:59 AM »
And what about a TE?

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 104
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2017, 12:05:39 PM »
I am starting to wonder if we are ignoring Adams at TE whereas the organization is very high and see him as our future OJ Howard/David Njoku type TE.  They said his athleticism is off the charts for a TE.  Who does that sound?  David Njoku

President Rick

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 69
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2017, 12:17:43 PM »
Todge, et. al.

I believe we have to draft another CB in the first four rounds.  Three solid cb's aren't enough in today's nfl.  IMO we can wait for a RB until later rds. or maybe even UDFA.
Author of: Potomac, Knightime, Conspiracy of Terror, Rogue State, The Neutrality Imperative, Joey Jupiter - Super Sleuth [childrens books], Vigilance and Virtue, Peaceful Warrior, more.

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 12:38:16 PM »
Todge, et. al.

I believe we have to draft another CB in the first four rounds.  Three solid cb's aren't enough in today's nfl.  IMO we can wait for a RB until later rds. or maybe even UDFA.

I agree

"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

Jolly Blue Giant

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 106
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 12:41:21 PM »
Todge, et. al.

We have a legitimate shot at Sidney Jones in the 2nd round because of his injury. He probably wouldn't see the field this season, but he should be ready to go next season and would be the eventual heir to DRC. I feel bad for him because he'd probably go in the top 15 picks this year if not for the freak accident. His bad fortune could be the Giants' good fortune. Although, I wouldn't put it past the Cowboys to snag him in the first as they tend to stockpile big time players with injuries.

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 01:20:03 PM »
We need a 4th CB when we dont have 5 good OL, a downfield TE, 3 good LBs another RB and potentially a hole at 3 Tech DT?  No way is 4th CB a priority over any of that.

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 176
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 02:35:58 PM »
Phil,  in today's pass-happy NFL you got to be four deep at CB. Those guys take a beating, and I maintain it's the toughest position in the NFL. Corners are really deep this year, so a mid-round selection gives us what normally would be a second round value.

As to the above mock?
Bolles - superb selection
McDowell - good skill-set, suspect motor
Mack - hesitant to run hard in traffic & poor ball security

Bob In PA

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Online Online
  • Liked: 294
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 02:45:09 PM »
FTR, I would be very, very happy with these picks...not quite doing cartwheels, but close. :ok:
here's the link jic you want to read the whole story... http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Latest-Mock-Draft-predicts-Giants-first-3-rounds/2933e627-a5fc-4d92-9af4-6d0a3a234a8f

Round 1 (23rd overall pick):

“Let’s go with offensive lineman Garett Bolles from Utah,” Jeremiah said. “He’s physical and nasty and kind of fits what they do there.”

Round 2 (55th overall pick):

“How about defensive tackle Malik McDowell from Michigan State,” Brooks said. “When you look at the tape, this is a guy that is super talented. He has the ability to take over the game. But he’s inconsistent and you don’t get the consistent motor that you want to see. However, get the right coach to get him going and he can get up to the quarterback.  With Snacks on the inside, he compliments JPP and Olivier Vernon on the outside.”

Round 3 (87th overall pick):

“One of my favorite value guys is running back Marlon Mack,” Jeremiah said. “I think you can probably get him in the third or fourth round of this draft, but he’s a second round type player.”

cid: The selections of these experts are less than awe-inspiring. 

Considering the quality and depth of talent in this draft, this is the year to stick to best-player-available

The three guys mentioned by those "experts" are all highly questionable choices in the rounds they were suggested.

IMO, Bolles, at the 23rd pick of the first round, is the least questionable, but I see him as a middle-of-the-second-round player.

Bob

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 04:05:24 PM »
Jaime - we dont play 4 CBs every play on D so it's more situational.  Even if 1 gets hurt so #4 becomes #3, he is still covering the 3rd best WR.  Right now we dont have 5 best OL who are playing 100% of the snaps.  I agree of importance but not above glaring holes we have now.  A 4th CB wont get us to the Super Bowl but a drafted OT might.

Jaime

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 176
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 05:13:19 PM »
Phil, I hear yah Bro. Not only can the 4th Corner become the third corner but one more twisted knee and he becomes a starter as the number two guy. I remember an interview with a former GM or coach and he explained how the Corner is the only position that never takes a play off. Even when the play is on the other side of the field they still after run down the field covering a receiver. That's why they're always getting nicked up. I have such respect for Corners. They have to cover receivers that run like a deer,  take on pulling guards, and they tackle ball carriers with a full head of steam.
So we go OL in Rd.1 & Corner in Rd. Three or four?

Philosophers

• Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2017, 06:13:09 PM »
I'm good in round 2 with OL.  Dont really care but know we need another body.  I love Jourdan Lewis at CB but think he's gone in round 2.  I'm ok if we trade back at 23 and even out of round 1 if our guys arent there and we can get an early round 2 plus another low pick