Author Topic: OBJ's Market Value  (Read 134 times)

Vette

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 410
    • View Profile
OBJ's Market Value
« on: March 19, 2017, 10:55:38 AM »
"There is a greater purpose...that purpose is team. Winning, losing, playing hard, playing well, doing it for each other, winning the right way, winning the right way is a very important thing to me... Championships are won by teams who love one another, who respect one another, and play for and support one another."
~ Coach Tom Coughlin

MightyGiants

• Administrator
  • Hall of Fame
  • Offline Offline
  • Liked: 956
    • View Profile
    • Giants Fans
Re: OBJ's Market Value
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:35 AM »
When I look at something like this, what immediately pops out at me is that OBJ is essentially a $15 million a year talent that is being paid $2.5 million a season.  It's that huge cap savings on draft pick hits, that allows a team's talent to exceed it's salary cap restrictions.  Perhaps my all time favorite in that regard was Victor Cruz prior to his first big contract.   The team was paying undrafted free agent prices for a player that was Pro Bowl level talent.

Landon Collins is another bargain and I suspect that Eli Apple will play at a similar real serious savings level.   Another player helping the Giants cap issues is Sheppard and Kennard.   

With the Giants signing of some major big ticket players (Snacks, JPP, Vernon and Jenkins) they will need to hit on a couple of more solid salary cap contributors in this draft.
"THE 2007 and 2011 GIANTS WERE NEVER PERFECT, NOR MEANT TO BE.  THEY WERE FIGHTERS, SCRAPPERS, NOW THEY CAN BE CALLED SOMETHING ELSE....WORLD CHAMPIONS!"